The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trades that made you sad

CALGARY!

Two most devastating trades for me where

Bertuzzi who was by far my favourite player at the time and now the luongo trade who ended up being my favourite player of all time.

Ironic that last trade I was angry at lead us to a scf and easily the greatest goalie and superstar our team ever had.

Highly doubt Matthias or Markstrom can become anything extraordinary but I'm hoping.

On a side note the Cory trade was one of the happiest moments as a canuck fan for me!

Bure trade. Especially because the details were so few at the time. All speculation for years before truthful segments of the story began to trickle out.

I was way too young for the Neely trade to resonate.

The Devils trade for Kovalchuk was sad at the time because Atlanta got fleeced, but it evened out in the end as Jersey screwed themselves.

Re: "Trevor Kidd was a really good young goalie" -- an example of one of those little white lies dad's tell their kids to make them feel better.

Sad trade for the 'nucks: Gino Odjick for Jason Strudwick.

Lol I know a couple years later my dad told me how he actually felt about Kidd lol.and to the guy whose sad I'm a Calgary fan don't be. I'm quite happy and optimistic.

Schneider trade made me sad when I heard the 7th overall pick, 2nd round pick and a prospect(Martin Marincin) was the offer from Edmonton.

Lol I know a couple years later my dad told me how he actually felt about Kidd lol.and to the guy whose sad I'm a Calgary fan don't be. I'm quite happy and optimistic.

By the way, unrelated but your a flames fan and how do you feel about the canucks future? You probably don't care but do you think our future is bright?

The Devils trade for Kovalchuk was sad at the time because Atlanta got fleeced, but it evened out in the end as Jersey screwed themselves.

I think it was either let him go for nothing or get some return at the time, so don't think Atlanta got fleeced but that's just my opinion.

Schneider trade made me sad when I heard the 7th overall pick, 2nd round pick and a prospect(Martin Marincin) was the offer from Edmonton.

By the way, unrelated but your a flames fan and how do you feel about the canucks future? You probably don't care but do you think our future is bright?

I think the future will be bright, but I think there will be a couple of dark years in between. But yes, I think developing the prospects within the organization and continuing to draft well and pick up meat and potato players in free Agency and the Canucks are back in a competitive spot. And yes I do care about the Canucks.. I like all Canadian teams and the only time I hate the Canucks is when they play the Flames, same goes for how i feel about the Oilers Jets, Leafs, Sens And Habs. Like em all wish all of them success, except when playing the Flames haha

Luongo tho i understand it had to happen is to to bad

Schneider was a shock and hurts to this day

Hodgson was the worse cause with his offenise we would of had sutch a gloreous chance in 2012 for the cup - all the heavy weights knocked out and a over achieving kings team saild to a easy cup - if we had a lil more offense wed of beat them in all those close games. But didnt happen and am glad to have kassian but will always wonder what could of happen

Luongo tho i understand it had to happen is to to bad

Schneider was a shock and hurts to this day

Hodgson was the worse cause with his offenise we would of had sutch a gloreous chance in 2012 for the cup - all the heavy weights knocked out and a over achieving kings team saild to a easy cup - if we had a lil more offense wed of beat them in all those close games. But didnt happen and am glad to have kassian but will always wonder what could of happen

Hodgson would have been shrugged off and beat down by the big Kings.

Hodgson would have been shrugged off and beat down by the big Kings.

I doubt it cause hed of bin on the third line PLUS remember that game against the bruins in jan 2012 when he played like a rocket against the bigger badder bruins? In 2012 his offense easeily was better than Kass and could of made a diff. All could ofs and should ofs tho :(

Dale Weise to Montreal probably made me the saddest. I knew he'd be out as soon as Torts was hired, and it really bummed me out to see him go. I thought he was really the only legitimate fourth liner we had (I mean seriously? Dalpe and Schroeder on the fourth line? C'mon).

Schneider being traded made me mad. I really like Horvat, but I still feel like it was a complete undersell panic trade by Gillis.

I doubt it cause hed of bin on the third line PLUS remember that game against the bruins in jan 2012 when he played like a rocket against the bigger badder bruins? In 2012 his offense easeily was better than Kass and could of made a diff. All could ofs and should ofs tho :(

Did you watch the games we played against him this year? Kesler bullied him around. Kassian torched his team and hodgson couldn't do anything.

Schneider trade was the worst in recent memory. He was all set to be the #1 in Vancouver, and then *POOF*.

The OP mentioned St.Louis....Craig Button released him shortly after taking over as Calgary GM. Button didn't last long as GM, as it was clear he couldn't properly evaluate his team's talent.

I laugh whenever I see Craig Button on TSN. I doubt he will ever have a real hockey job ever again...

Archived