The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

See dog people took a statement about cats and made it bout dogs

All joking aside why do dog people do this? We have a few friends who will post photos of there dogs (on fB) on threads I or other friends have made about our cats. Its amusing but weird.

Pretty sure your statement referenced dogs  ;):P 

4 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

See dog people took a statement about cats and made it bout dogs

All joking aside why do dog people do this? We have a few friends who will post photos of there dogs (on fB) on threads I or other friends have made about our cats. Its amusing but weird.

It bugs us when everyone isn't part of the pack. 

• Upvote 1

I love dogs and cats, but probably dogs a bit more because I don't almost die when cuddling with them.

Story time. When my cat got older, she would get mats (or w/e the heck they are called) and we would have to get her shaved. She was cold, so she would cuddle up to me underneath the covers. I would get insanely itchy and my eyes would go nuts, but I wouldn't move for hours so that she could be comfy. In December, she wasn't feeling well, and it was the day before we were putting her down. I lied next to her one last time, and again didn't move until she got up. I miss the damn thing, but she was 21 years old and had a great life until it was time to go :( 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It bugs us when everyone isn't part of the pack. 

But my pack consists of two kitties who demand to be worshipped.

Plus on a more serious note even if we were dog people and wanted to add a cute puppy to our furbrood..its almost impossible to find afforable housing that allows cats let alone housing that would allow dogs and cats.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

But my pack consists of two kitties who demand to be worshipped.

Plus on a more serious note even if we were dog people and wanted to add a cute puppy to our furbrood..its almost impossible to find afforable housing that allows cats let alone housing that would allow dogs and cats.

OK I can accept that.

When we downsized it took us quite a while to find a building that allowed 2 dogs, and thats for purchasing. If someone is renting I bet its nearly impossible. Some people asked us why don't we just get rid of one of our dogs.... :angry:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK I can accept that.

When we downsized it took us quite a while to find a building that allowed 2 dogs, and thats for purchasing. If someone is renting I bet its nearly impossible. Some people asked us why don't we just get rid of one of our dogs.... :angry:

Telling someone to get rid of their pets is so disgusting. I hate people sometimes.

We currently are trying to find a affordable 2 bedroom cat(s) friendly apartment. Its very hard. Everything is either too expensive,has no avability or is bug invested.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

I love dogs and cats, but probably dogs a bit more because I don't almost die when cuddling with them.

Story time. When my cat got older, she would get mats (or w/e the heck they are called) and we would have to get her shaved. She was cold, so she would cuddle up to me underneath the covers. I would get insanely itchy and my eyes would go nuts, but I wouldn't move for hours so that she could be comfy. In December, she wasn't feeling well, and it was the day before we were putting her down. I lied next to her one last time, and again didn't move until she got up. I miss the damn thing, but she was 21 years old and had a great life until it was time to go :( 

Awww :(

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I am a self-proclaimed cat person and am absolutely fine with folks being suspicious of me because of it

My family has always had cats and they're my fave

I love cats!  I have loved them since I was 3.  My first cat was a Siamese named Sam, and more cats after that. In the late 1990's, there was Kitty, a white Persian who loved French bread and candy. Then in 2004, there was Benji, a wild one.  I came home one day, and the crosses where bit off of the rosaries.  Then there's Sally.  Loves only me.  Back in 2006, when I was working long hours, and she brought me home a feather each day, and each night there would be a new feather on my bed, and she would wait at the end of the yard each night for me after work.  These days, she's sassier than ever! Kitty treats and morning feedings are like on demand for her! I just told her it was not kitty treat time! And those 4am feedings... It is not 4am breakfast time! She even didn't let the pet sitter in once!  I guess it was no visitor time?! And years ago we were watching a Canadiens game, we were sitting close to the tv, me in the computer chair with my feet kicked up on the tv stand, and her next to me sitting in her little red chair with her eyes glued to the screen! It was a total bonding experience!  She's my buddy!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, brilac said:

I love cats!  I have loved them since I was 3.  My first cat was a Siamese named Sam, and more cats after that. In the late 1990's, there was Kitty, a white Persian who loved French bread and candy. Then in 2004, there was Benji, a wild one.  I came home one day, and the crosses where bit off of the rosaries.  Then there's Sally.  Loves only me.  Back in 2006, when I was working long hours, and she brought me home a feather each day, and each night there would be a new feather on my bed, and she would wait at the end of the yard each night for me after work.  These days, she's sassier than ever! Kitty treats and morning feedings are like on demand for her! I just told her it was not kitty treat time! And those 4am feedings... It is not 4am breakfast time! She even didn't let the pet sitter in once!  I guess it was no visitor time?! And years ago we were watching a Canadiens game, we were sitting close to the tv, me in the computer chair with my feet kicked up on the tv stand, and her next to me sitting in her little red chair with her eyes glued to the screen! It was a total bonding experience!  She's my buddy!

Counting all the kitten litters we've raised and given away I've probably gone through at least thirty different cats/kittens throughout my life. The first one I recall was Freckles in like grade one or two, then there was Tyrel and Ebony. Then there was Lindsey and her kittens, one of which was Princess who we have for almost eighteen years. Then there was Thomas and Bobby, Bobby was our first manx and she really loved feet. Princess was a Siamese ragdoll who would yowl to get your attention. Thomas was a tomcat who loved to hunt, he'd often bring us live stuff. One time he brought us a baby bunny and we had to let it go. Right now my folks have Alsan, Caspain who's our second manx, Murphy, Strombo, Calvin and the newest is Lily who's only about seven months old. She's a lilac point Siamese! We also had Alexis who was a maine coon who'd follow us around for our paper route. She knew it off by heart and would often lead, it was kinda bizarre really. There was also Hobbes who paired with Calvin, Poofer and many more.. :P

• Like 2