The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On 2017-10-26 at 2:34 PM, c00kies said:

That's how I felt before dating my now-ex. I asked her to hangout on a Saturday night at a food festival thing and she said yes. I also put my arm around her when we watched our first movie together, and then kissed her after the second formal date. The kiss wasn't going to happen, but something (not booze lol) compelled me to just do it. Hopefully things work out better for you than they did me, but the unexpected confidence comes from nowhere and is like a high. The high is nice, but it can backfire too. The first time I told this same girl my feelings (months before we went out), I sent a message saying how I really liked her, and right after I sent it I was like "woah, where is this coming from". She didn't like me in that way at the time (apparently anyway).

I think you gain confidence when there's something you really want, it's like you lose sight of the possible negative consequences, and zero in on the positive.

Have fun :P

Will do! We have plans to go for coffee depending on her schedule (she’s working two jobs along with a full class load), but I’ve become a lot more relaxed since asking (and then checking in via text). Was also snapping with her tonight about something from class and then her dog being in a superhero costume and got her laughing, so that’s all good signs from what I can tell.

But yeah, I kinda had a lot of nervousness about asking her to coffee and then following up afterwards, I feel more relaxed now and I think I’ll do okay from here on in, even if I’ve got no clue what I’m doing.

On 2017-10-27 at 10:33 AM, aGENT said:

Pro tip: Text (IM, facebook, IG etc) is a bad way to come on to someone.

I feel the same way.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Will do! We have plans to go for coffee depending on her schedule (she’s working two jobs along with a full class load), but I’ve become a lot more relaxed since asking (and then checking in via text). Was also snapping with her tonight about something from class and then her dog being in a superhero costume and got her laughing, so that’s all good signs from what I can tell.

But yeah, I kinda had a lot of nervousness about asking her to coffee and then following up afterwards, I feel more relaxed now and I think I’ll do okay from here on in, even if I’ve got no clue what I’m doing.

I feel the same way.

We're all rooting for you jazz. She gave you her number, snap, whatever etc. There's no need to second guess it, she's interested. Now go have some fun

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

So apparently she has a boyfriend, and now I’m confused and feel naive.

Sometimes people like to flirt for an ego boost, or if they are not happy in a relationship. Don't take it personally. On to the next! 

Edited by Cramarossa
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Sometimes people like to flirt for an ego boost, or if they are not happy in a relationship. Don't take it personally. On to the next! 

No, and I don’t feel slighted or anything like that. All I can really say is c’est la vie.

Fortunately I didn’t come to university to find a girlfriend, but I still feel naive.

I bought a santa hat yesterday and have been running around with it since, I even went to buy discounted Halloween candy with it and did all sorts of running around. I've been getting the funniest looks and it's definitely been worth being that guy. The best part is when people go to look but try to be subtle about it or try not to laugh.. :P

I confess - 

It's Friday night, and I am sitting around in my pajamas with the cat beside me watching Will and Grace, and working on my quilt, and drinking champagne.  What has my life come to?! :) haha. And it's Will and Grace from 1998, and I remember watching it in 1998!  And my quilt, I am hand sewing it and with paper backing.  It's a nice crafty little project.  Think of it as a bunch of these little pieces!

20171103_211158-1.thumb.jpg.76a9bfbd6d50fd9a68d04597247c5ac0.jpg

Edited by brilac
On 2017-11-03 at 11:11 PM, brilac said:

I confess - 

It's Friday night, and I am sitting around in my pajamas with the cat beside me watching Will and Grace, and working on my quilt, and drinking champagne.  What has my life come to?! :) haha. And it's Will and Grace from 1998, and I remember watching it in 1998!  And my quilt, I am hand sewing it and with paper backing.  It's a nice crafty little project.  Think of it as a bunch of these little pieces!

20171103_211158-1.thumb.jpg.76a9bfbd6d50fd9a68d04597247c5ac0.jpg

Loos like the Leafs and Habs colours.