The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

not really a confession but I felt like talking about myself, so here I am

I saw a doctor today about chronic pain I'm experiencing in my leg. He did an examination/assessment and determined that it's probably referred pain whose actual source is a nerve in my back and gave me exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in the area as well as a prescription for anti-inflammatories.

I saw a different doctor on Tuesday who spoke with me for all of two minutes, did a half-assed assessment and sent me off with some %&$#in' tylenol, giving me no real information on what exactly the problem might be in medical terms. That dude wasn't helpful at all, and my suspicion is that his clinic's policy is to get people out the door as quickly as possible to maximize the dollars coming in.

I'm much happier with the doc I saw earlier today--there's a world of difference in the quality of care I was given between the two visits.

Edited by 112
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, 112 said:

I saw a doctor today about chronic pain I'm experiencing in my leg. He did an examination/assessment and determined that it's probably referred pain whose actual source is a nerve in my back and gave me exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in the area as well as a prescription for anti-inflammatories.

I saw a different doctor on Tuesday who spoke with me for all of two minutes, did a half-assed assessment and sent me off with some %&$#in' tylenol, giving me no real information on what exactly the problem might be in medical terms. That dude wasn't helpful at all, and my suspicion is that his clinic's policy is to get people out the door as quickly as possible to maximize the dollars coming in.

I'm much happier with the doc I saw earlier today--there's a world of difference in the quality of care I was given between the two visits.

I have a pinched  nerve  in my back , sending pain to my rt foot          gabapentin 100mg 

43 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I have a pinched  nerve  in my back , sending pain to my rt foot          gabapentin 100mg 

I'm lucky in that my pain is intermittent and there are times when I'm not bothered at all. All the best, chon- nobody should have to deal with pain.

10 hours ago, 112 said:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the 1st Dr. Unfortunately doctors only practice medicine, none master it but it sucks even more when they have the bedside manner of a john that only paid for 5 minutes.

• Cheers 1
14 hours ago, 112 said:

That's pretty common. Do those exercises religiously, work on your flexibility, foam roll your lower back, abductors, and hip flexors, It might not go away completely, but there is a good chance you can reduce the frequency of the pain flaring up by a factor of 4 or 5.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, 112 said:

Pete Egoscue has  some posture correction exercises on Youtube that are very effective if you stick with them. Highly recommend them to anyone with chronic pain or other issues in any part of the body. They're called E-cises on some of the videos.

I confess ~

I got a little panicky when I turned on the TV to go to the NHL app on my Roku to select the Habs-Sens game. It was deep breaths after I selected the game.  It's a National feed, so it could very well be blacked out. But then it was YES YES YES!  It's on! I really like the Habs.

• Cheers 1

I've developed a bit of a soft spot for one of the women who works at the tea store I frequent. I enjoy the banter but having worked in customer service for a few years I know it's just part of the retail gig. It's not flirty banter or anything, it's just nice. I've got a lot of respect for people who can fight the customer service burn out and have those kind of interactions with people after working in the same place for a few years.

Proximity, comfort based on familiarity, attachment based of both. People are weird. But it's all normal. That being said, as nice as it can be it can get uncomfortable quick when people take things the wrong way. I've had people flirt with me at work and it's usually pretty awkward in a professional setting. I get it, because people only see some people at their jobs but it's always kinda touch and go.

That turned into a little bit of a ramble!

I confess ~

I spent a little much today on shopping. I bought designer goods at my favorite second hand shop. And I thought to myself, yes I do need that Chloe coat and Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and dress, and the other clothing I bought. I can't help that I look great in everything.  I lost a few pounds.

As for my previous confession,  I should not drinking wine and then shopping on Robson street , and then figuring out how much money I really spent.

Edited by brilac

I confess ~ 

I got a little fussy today when I got on the train.  There was luggage unattended in seats as well as the wheelchair seats, and I had to walk over/lift my feet to find a seat that was available. My expression said it all, and the guy said he was sorry.

There are two things that I accumulate but don't actually indulge in often enough to justify buying em as often as I do. Tea and alcohol. I'm a sucker for David's Tea stuff so I'm always buying it (and sometimes giving it away) and I love trying new whiskeys, beers, vodkas, liqueurs, ect. I've actively slowed down with it the last couple months because I'm reaching for better and better stuff and it's expensive. I've always loved the idea of having a liquor stock built up and somehow it's turned me into more of a collector than anything.