The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On 1/1/2023 at 10:04 AM, OldFaithfulCap said:

I do better in life with low expectations. I'll feel better now that i can just accept the nucks as not being that great this year.

I don't do resolutions really but i'd like to slowly change some things in my life so i will try. Life either seems so busy or too dull, so trying to make a more middle path.

I'm full of crap. I'm bipolar as hell and either depress out or get crazy optimistic.

Logically the canucks should tank but i can't give up hope when there's a chance.

• Huggy Bear 1

Confession: I have many learning disabilities and they've held me back my entire life. I feel like I had to work twice as hard as many of my peers just to finish university. Now I'm working doing nothing related to my field and my work treats me like an idiot. Even though I know the job inside out, I don't think my work will ever give me the opportunity to advance to where I want to be.

Sometimes I wanna quit so bad, but where else would I get as much vacation time. I literally despise the work environment and it's hiring practices.

• Huggy Bear 3
1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

Confession: I have many learning disabilities and they've held me back my entire life. I feel like I had to work twice as hard as many of my peers just to finish university. Now I'm working doing nothing related to my field and my work treats me like an idiot. Even though I know the job inside out, I don't think my work will ever give me the opportunity to advance to where I want to be.

Sometimes I wanna quit so bad, but where else would I get as much vacation time. I literally despise the work environment and it's hiring practices.

I had a job where I was there for the paycheck and health benefits. That job is now in the past. 

When someone treats you like an idiot or puts you down or is negative towards you, that is a reflection of them and has nothing to do with you. 

We are in a work induced culture and we need more of a work-life balance. The job I have now, during the interview I asked about their work-life balance. Having that balance is important to me. People should have a personal and professional life and keep them separate. When I meet or speak with a friend, I don't talk about work.  I am interested in their personal life and what they enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, brilac said:

My New Year's Resolution is being healthier.  I decided not to drink wine or champagne until the Canucks come to town on January 25th. I don't drink hard liquor, so that should be good until the 25th. I will drink kombucha until them.  But I am focusing on being healthier - such as sleeping more, eating healthier, not drinking as much, and walking more - morning and nature walks. 

Tomorrow is February 1st, and I have not drank for a month. I failed at eating healthier and taking morning walks, but I did lose 10 pounds from not drinking. Perhaps I will focus on one goal per month. Maybe tomorrow I will focus on taking a morning walk each day. 

Gosh, red wine sounds enticing tomorrow! I heard red wine is great for you, having a glass per day. 

• Cheers 1
22 hours ago, brilac said:

Tomorrow is February 1st, and I have not drank for a month. I failed at eating healthier and taking morning walks, but I did lose 10 pounds from not drinking.

You lost 10 pounds from not drinking???   Is the wine and champagne you drink mixed in with a box of chocolates?  :o

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Confession: Lately I’ve been eating too many snacks like lightly salted potato chips, but I’ve been excercising a lot 

That's great. I just placed my grocery order. 

Confession ~ I've been so busy lately that I've been ordering my groceries online and having them delivered. I just placed an order 5 minutes ago. 

I have not drank since December 31st, so perhaps this month will be another month without drinking, but I did order pizza with my grocery order.

So January and possibly February will be no drinking months as goals. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, brilac said:

That's great. I just placed my grocery order. 

Confession ~ I've been so busy lately that I've been ordering my groceries online and having them delivered. I just placed an order 5 minutes ago. 

I have not drank since December 31st, so perhaps this month will be another month without drinking, but I did order pizza with my grocery order.

So January and possibly February will be no drinking months as goals. 

I have a confession young @brilac.  I don’t drink (alcohol) as often as some might think.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Confession:

I'm upset with my girlfriend about Valentine's Day (well Saturday).

We had soft plans and as I was explaining to her what else I was planning that day, she interrupted me to tell me we were invited to her sister's boyfriend's cabin to ice fish and sleepover with other people.

Usually that would sound like fun and I'd be all for it, but we are also supposed to be dog sitting those days so we shouldn't be away from the dog for too long.

Something that was supposed to be so amazing has turned into a cluster**** and she didn't seem interested in budging about the cabin.

I've recently made the idea to postpone valentines day to the 25th and hope the weather will cooperate for that day, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...

I confess ~

I've been eating cake pops like there's no tomorrow! I've had three so far today. 

I made 26 last night while listening to the Kraken game. The thing is, they are just so yummy and they look really snazzy and delightful to eat, and they are! 

I think they are about 190 calories each. I've been on a diet. Ever since the various amounts of wine at the Kraken games and Dicks Drive In afterwards, a diet was needed - my jeans were fitting me a bit tight. 

See! Still trying to perfect my cake pop baking! They are not the best looking, but yummy! 

Could contain: Cream, Dessert, Food, Sundae, Icing, Ice Cream, Sweets, Frozen Yogurt

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
On 1/6/2023 at 10:43 PM, 4petesake said:

If you have earned respect ask for it once but demand it after that. From everyone, family, friends, partner, employer included. You treat people with respect and you deserve the same.

So true, and don't forget to respect yourself as well.

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

confession #9969

its been a while, yall. a lot has happened in my life over the past few years; but one thing that has been constant, since i was in high school, was feeling trapped. i think i touched on my nonbinary identity once before; (and that's kinda new territory on this board) but i've always leaned feminine and, for as young as i can remember, never vibed with my assigned gender at birth.

i've recently been approved for HRT; meaning i'm transitioning to what i've always felt closest to; a woman. i am a transgender woman and i have the support of my wife, family and friends on this journey, that took almost 20 years to reach, and i'm so stoked to start this new chapter, later this year ;w;

Glad to hear things are going  well in your journey.

Life is too short, to pretend to be, who you are not.

There must be groups of people that have done and are doing what you are; their experience and insight could help you out with your transition.

Best of luck to you..

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1