The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

Penticton, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their prospects training camp roster by eight players.

The following player has been assigned to his junior club:

Miles Liberati D North Bay

The following players have been released:

Cordell James LW
Jonathan Martin RW
Matthieu Bellerive RW
Matt Revel C
Josh Thrower D
Jackson Whistle G
Klarc Wilson RW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No surprises here but did think that Wilson and Martin showed enough for maybe a contract with Utica. Both bring some sandpaper and physicality that could make them effective 4th liners one day. Both played hard, took on some big men in fights....

Hopefully they get signed by our AHL team,

Looking forward to seeing Sanguinetti and Kenins.

Ya Kenins has kind of been the forgotten guy here but could be a nice surprise given he's played in the KHL, had a great olympics, he's likely ready and may actually be the guy that steals that one spot

My guess is Linden and Benning haven't talked about him because they really don't know of him, will be interesting to watch him for sure!

Is kennins 6'4? That's bigger than I thought he was. I thought Peter Andersen looked good last year too.

Ya will be interesting too see how a year in Utica has helped Andersen, my guess is he'll be one of the call ups this year, especially if Corrado takes a step backwards...which hopefully he hasn't and that young stars camp was just a week long brain fart

Wilson did nothing in this tourny. Fighting ability is a non-plus skill. We got guys that can chuck'em in Utica that are more skilled and don't need a less-skilled version in the ranks.

Wilson did nothing in this tourny. Fighting ability is a non-plus skill. We got guys that can chuck'em in Utica that are more skilled and don't need a less-skilled version in the ranks.

Umm..not sure if you saw him speedbag that dude but not many guys can throw like that and he wasn't a defensive liability and can skate..

A 4th liner that can skate, hit and throws like that is what you want...he doesnt need to be able to dangle, and I haven't seen any guys in Utica who can speedbag players like that, disagree

im not saying he deserves a contract or a camp invite or even hat he has skill. But dont underestimate the effectiveness of a good fighter. You saying he did nothing and that fighting is a non-plus skill is waaaay off.

Were you paying attention to the Edmonton game? When did momentum shift and our comeback start? Like right after he tuned the Edmonton player up.

No surprises here but did think that Wilson and Martin showed enough for maybe a contract with Utica. Both bring some sandpaper and physicality that could make them effective 4th liners one day. Both played hard, took on some big men in fights....

I don't think that is likely. If we look at the Canuck players under contract and add in Valk and Humphries the Utica line-up is already pretty full.

And Lotz, if he ends up with a contract, wll probably be in Kalamazoo.

I don't think that is likely. If we look at the Canuck players under contract and add in Valk and Humphries the Utica line-up is already pretty full.

And Lotz, if he ends up with a contract, wll probably be in Kalamazoo.

Yep, so many dreamers out there.

Penticton, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their prospects training camp roster by eight players.

The following player has been assigned to his junior club:

Miles Liberati D North Bay

The following players have been released:

Cordell James LW

Jonathan Martin RW

Matthieu Bellerive RW

Matt Revel C

Josh Thrower D

Jackson Whistle G

Klarc Wilson RW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those heavily criticizing our prospects at this tournament like ti meant something. Please do look at that list and ask how we matched up against teams full of draftees or who have seen NHL/AHL action?

Shocked Wilson was cut as was said he was energetic not a liability at all and stood up for his team like nobody since Ripper has. Also shame that Whistle got cut as well, he was left out to dry against the jets and only had the 1 bad goal. But I guess when the Gillis era leaves you with depth at only the goaltending position it doesn't make sense to bring in another one

For those heavily criticizing our prospects at this tournament like ti meant something. Please do look at that list and ask how we matched up against teams full of draftees or who have seen NHL/AHL action?

Shocked Wilson was cut as was said he was energetic not a liability at all and stood up for his team like nobody since Ripper has. Also shame that Whistle got cut as well, he was left out to dry against the jets and only had the 1 bad goal. But I guess when the Gillis era leaves you with depth at only the goaltending position it doesn't make sense to bring in another one

I think depth might be a strong word for gilly

Is there any chance of McCann or Cassels recovering in time to participate?

Mono's symptoms of fatigue can last for months, and it's not unusual to take 2-3 months to recover. The big risk is damage of the spleen. So you can't do intense workouts, or contact sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

We have enough depth in Goaltender that even signing one up for Kalamazoo is unlikely.

That said, I think the tourney was a success, because we got a look at a few players that might make the team, even if it is just the AHL for now.

Mono's symptoms of fatigue can last for months, and it's not unusual to take 2-3 months to recover. The big risk is damage of the spleen. So you can't do intense workouts, or contact sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

Dang, I was excited to see them out there. 2 first round picks this year and neither can make training camp.. Hopefully we're just getting dissapointment out of the way at the start of the season and paving the way for joy and success.

So Valk, Lotz and Humphries are still in it

Awesome! I thought that there were only going to be two making it originally, but this makes me glad because all three of these guys deserve it :) I was worried that they were going to cut Lotz for a second because of all the goals Calgary scored yesterday, even though it wasn't at all his fault.

Always good to see more competition at main camp.

Archived