The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

This was predicted top six lineup from the very start. I really hope Vrbata can find some chemistry with the Sedins really quick and make them 70+ point players again.

If those end up being our top two lines come game day, I am rooting for the 2nd line to be the most improved. I rarely worry about the sedins especially with minute management coming, but if Burrows and Kassian can have better years than last year that is a game changer for this team.

While not concrete as the starting lines for the season, it's interesting to see who's lined up with who the first day. Based on this alone the projections might be:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Matthias Horvat Dorsett/Sestito Vey Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Stanton

The top two look mostly set, and even the third line could well stay about like that but then there's some decisions to be made on the 4th. Stanton on the right is an experiment but we'll see how it works or if Corrado/Weber/Sanguinetti can push for a spot.

<p><p>

Group 1: 9:10 am

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Matthais - Horvat - Dorsett

Archibald - Mallet - DeFazio

Fox - Bancks - Cassels**

Edler - Tanev

Lefranchise - Corrado

Stewert - McKenzie

McEneny

Markstrom

Miller

Group 2: 10:40am

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Sestito-Vey-Jensen

Kenins-Jeffery-Friesen

Valk-Virtanen**

Sbisa-Stanton

Tommernes-Sanguinetti

Cederholm-Subban

Blain

Cannata

Lotz

Group 3: 12:10pm

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Shinkaruk-O'Reilly-Wyman

Gaunce-Lain-Grenier

Zalewski - Pettit**

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Huskins-Biega

Anderson-Negrin

Humphries

Eriksson

Lack

9 am to see Miller? Are you kidding... Guess I'm not seeing group 1 or 2 lol :(

Hockey is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long depressing summer (without hockey). I am so excited for this season and all the "newness" surrounding the Canucks. I think it is going to be an entertaining season with a lot of surprises.

I dont think our D corps is bad at all. Hammer and Juice are reliable and look well prepared for this year. Sbisa is excited to be here and is in a contract year. Tanev is Tanev, no worries there. Edler seems poised to return to at least some form of what we wish he would become. We brought in Sanguinetti who is an interesting case. Weber was surprising when he played last season. Stanton will continue to improve and is a solid player.

On the forward front I think we are deeper as a team, Vrbata is going to be great. Bonino is better than advertised, though he needs to prove it. Kass looks like he is raring to go. Sedins look ready. Burrows looks angry and ready to return to form. Young guns vying for positions.

We got Miller who I think is ready to prove doubters wrong after last season in STL. Lack will continue his rise to prominence.

So happy hockey is back and win or lose I am excited going forward for this team this season and for the future.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Benning: I would say it's not easy to play goalie in this market. ::laughs::
Benning considering keeping three goalies

Not sure whether thats a great way to develop Markstrom or Lack...having 3 goalies on roster would be really odd.

With Miller more likely to get majority of starts Lack and Markstrom fighting for the backup all season long would create another goalie controversy we really dont need

Not sure whether thats a great way to develop Markstrom or Lack...having 3 goalies on roster would be really odd.

With Miller more likely to get majority of starts Lack and Markstrom fighting for the backup all season long would create another goalie controversy we really dont need

Yeah, it's a weird situation. If Markstrom gets sent down, he would have to go through waivers. So the only two options are, either to trade Markstrom or keep all three goalies for the season.

Yeah, it's a weird situation. If Markstrom gets sent down, he would have to go through waivers. So the only two options are, either to trade Markstrom or keep all three goalies for the season.

I wonder if they are going to evaluate Lack and Markstrom through camp and determine who to keep and who to trade. Considering return value and competency in the job either make for a good backup to Miller. Is Lack completely off the table as a tradeable asset? I wouldnt like to see that happen but I'm just wondering what if's right now.

The 2 way game of Burrows/Bonino could compliment Kassian quite nicely

I think that is true. I believe the 3 of them could be an absolute beast line for us this season. Hard to play against and competent offensively. Kassian and Burrows will make for Bonino to have room to move around. He is fun to watch when he gets some room.

While not concrete as the starting lines for the season, it's interesting to see who's lined up with who the first day. Based on this alone the projections might be:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Matthias Horvat Dorsett/Sestito Vey Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Stanton

The top two look mostly set, and even the third line could well stay about like that but then there's some decisions to be made on the 4th. Stanton on the right is an experiment but we'll see how it works or if Corrado/Weber/Sanguinetti can push for a spot.

Not far off anyway.

Vey and Hansen might swap (mostly depending on Vey). I can't see Jensen on the 4th. IMO he either pushes one of Kassian/Burrows to the 3rd (unlikely) or he's in Utica (likely) And dear Gordie I hope we see Sang or Weber with Edler instead of Tanev!

Yea, no way the team carries 3 goalies lol. Teams always say that come training camp but never go through with it. Canadiens GM said he'd consider it too....yea, end of the day no team in today's NHL will be dumb enough to do that.

Pretty much this. Just lip service IMO. Markstrom gets waived or traded.

Archived