The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 26, 2014 | 7:00 PM PT | SNET ONE

-Vintage Canuck-

Did you read the qualifier - carefully.

Teams & players take greater liberties, when the the bar gets lowered & allows them to do so. Some players never make forays into certain areas,...but McGrattan looks for the edge that he can play upon. Teams played with heavy hands vs the 'Nucks last year & the 'Nucks were force to play softer over the course of the season,....based I believe upon the refereeing standards each night ...& the way the DPS interpretted their actions upon the ice. McGrattan is a wiley enough veteran to cagily take every inch he is being alotted. That's all I'm saying. Let's watch & see where the bar is being set for him & his teammates,...this season, shall we?

Last year had just too many WTF moments, to be simple co-incidence. I still claim that Burkie has far more reaching clout than is properly deserved,.. and more than what is appropriate in the league...and there have been plenty of incidents of conflict of interest in his rear view mirror....to attest to that.

You know what, I'm going to be 100% completely honest.

I totally misread what you said even though I went and bolded it. I thought you had meant that "Brian McGrattan plays with zero sportsmanship."

My bad. I've fit in to CDC quite nicely.

@Canucks 1219 - And damn straight a player should at some point in time, apologize for making an egregious hit that ends another player's career. Intentions on the ice are irrelevent at that point. Just reassure your fellow Union brothers out there,..that you're not an arse. That's integrity... & that earns respect.

You know what, I'm going to be 100% completely honest.

I totally misread what you said even though I went and bolded it. I thought you had meant that "Brian McGrattan plays with zero sportsmanship."

My bad. I've fit in to CDC quite nicely.

Man what the hell are you doing - admitting fault on this board?!

You've pulled yourself out of CDC just when you dipped your toes in :sadno:

Poor lil' Dorsett..probably has to scale another Himalayan monster tonite. Feisty as Hell, but I don't know if he should keep tangling with this heavyweight class?

At least CBC Hockey isnt there,..lauding, praising & showing all of the many clips of McGrattan's fights, like its a good thing?

Isn't fighting breaking the rules of the sport? Yah - nice mixed messages to send little Johnny Canucks-fan or little Tommy Flamer.

No wonder parents are becoming more reluctant to put their kids into hockey,..when this top-tier league doesn't tell the world that altho' fights might happen,.. & yes, that's understood in a rough contact sport,...but - they should still not be uber-promoting 'fights' as the face of what this league is all about. That's the difference.

Going to the game tonight!

It's my wife's first canucks game.

She finally gets to learn why people say the fans at Rogers suck.

It's always so damn quiet.

Well, you'll just have to do something about that.

And - nothin' she yells is embarassing...just let 'er go...bells & viking-horns included.

Archived