The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) - Jacob Markstrom

Outsiders

As has been said:

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 3m
Markstrom clears...no claim made.

I'm surprised there wasn't at least one team that was willing to take a chance on him, New Jersey having been my most likely. Maybe concern over his play or if they felt he needed more attention from coaching and didn't have the staff to provide that.

Well considering most likely no other Gm was willing to make a trade for JM, how high potential of a goalie prospect do you really think he is?

:lol: exactly! 6 years of development time and he's not in the nhl full time. That's like saying the Sedins are in their prime at 34 years old or that Edler has so much potential at 28 years old.

Good stuff. We didn't lose him for nothing and he'll get the time in Utica that he needs

I'm not sure about that. Is he better than the tenders in Utica? Maybe Cannata, but probably not Eriksson. I can see him heading back to Sweden for the season.

Anyone know how much of his salary stays with the Canucks cap?

While I like a lot of what JB has done, the Miller signing still seems nuts. A tandem of Lack and Markstrom would have been good enough. We may lose a high potential goalie prospect out of it.

JB wanted the team to be competitive this season. Marks/Lack would be the tanking team.

While I like a lot of what JB has done, the Miller signing still seems nuts. A tandem of Lack and Markstrom would have been good enough. We may lose a high potential goalie prospect out of it.

Good enough for a bottom 5 pick yes. Lack looks like he'll be a darn good goalie but he's not ready for 70 games. That is what he would have to play as Markstrom is not ready for the NHL yet. And with the waiver clear, apparently 29 other NHL GMs agree.

RM is a great pick up, am I alone in that I feel Eddie looked stressed last spring as the guy, in interviews, he looked uneasy, unusual for him. The team also likes the signing, Bieksa, Hamhuis and the Sedins have already come out and say they love Lack and really like the RM signing and having two excellent goalies gives the team more confidence. However, Miller's contract is a tear too long and 1 million too much, especially because it did not seem like there were many other suitors for him - he was in Vancouver well before the FA period opened, getting a tour of the city and such.

Lack will develop nicely and take over the number one spot in the final year go RM's contract if not earlier.

I'm not sure about that. Is he better than the tenders in Utica? Maybe Cannata, but probably not Eriksson. I can see him heading back to Sweden for the season.

Anyone know how much of his salary stays with the Canucks cap?

I think we only lose 900k of cap by sending him down.

Archived