The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hawks to trade Leddy before season opener to get cap compliant

He is the most logical player to move, but because he's money in the playoffs is probably why they aren't.

or because noone will touch bickell's or Rozsival's contracts without CHI overpaying. Plus they would probably have to trade Leddy in the offseason as a RFA if they don't trade him now

Bogdan Yakimov anyone?

Don't think the Oilers do it. Leddy is a intriguing player which any team would like to have but he's not the greatest defensively and hasn't been consistent, though that can change with his young age. Yakimov seems like a diamond in the rough and Id assume Edmonton would let him showcase his game before they'd pull the trigger and regret it if ends becoming a solid player.

There is the possibility we give them a better prospect if they add to their side. If other teams really are interested I doubt it ends up being a big bargain deal though.

I was kidding with the Shinkaruk trade idea, however, you do raise a valid point in that the trade could escalate, at least a bit. It will be interesting to see what comes up.

regards,

G.

Possibly, the only one we have I think they'd be interested in is Grenier, and not sure I'd want to move him there and see him succeed.

Why give them anything that good? They're in a cap crunch, and we'd be doing them a favour.

Because they won't be giving him for free and we'd want to have the best of the crappy offers to get him.

We got Erhoff from SJ for next to nothing because they were crunched.

This precisely. Any team that gives even a solid B level prospect for Leddy in my mind doesn't know much about asset management. You'd have to be pretty bad to give the Hawks a good return considering where they stand and at what cost you can really get Leddy for.

Bogdan Yakimov anyone?

The guy from breaking bad? I don't think he's a hockey player

This precisely. Any team that gives even a solid B level prospect for Leddy in my mind doesn't know much about asset management. You'd have to be pretty bad to give the Hawks a good return considering where they stand and at what cost you can really get Leddy for.

The thing is that the blackhawks are really smart in choosing Leddy. They know that many teams will be interested and it will turn into a bidding war which might get them a good return on him. If they dangle someone like Oduya or Bickell then it will be 1 or 2 teams ok with taking the cap hit and that would get the Hawks a crappy return.

Would give up Pickard/Aitokallio + 2016 2nd (Sakic loves to give those away) or 2015 3rd + 5th. I doubt the Hawks would bite but I have huge reservations about Leddy and am really concerned he'd just get ridiculously exposed on our dreadful D.

San Jose or Dallas is my call.

San Jose lost Dan Boyle to NYR and severly need a man to QB the point on the PP, as Burns is not a natural puck moving dman. Between Irwin, Demers, Braun and Vlasic, none of them are really Puck moving dman so most likely San Jose would be willing to part with a prospect.

Dallas to add to an already stud team, really need someone to fill in the shoes temporarily since Gonchar got hurt. Considering they need more young quality dman Dallas in my mind is pushing hard for Leddy.

Those are the two teams I think will get him

Hmm for this year's Ehrhoff heist I hope we could get Leddy for Mallet +. Some people are all over Alex's upside as an Antoine Roussel, but I personally don't see it and hope that he could become at least Patrick White, as trade fodder with some draft pedigree on his side as leverage to get us ready-made players who can contribute.

After that we could trade Sbisa... again and hopefully shore up that second line center position.

Because they won't be giving him for free and we'd want to have the best of the crappy offers to get him.

So Gaunce and a 2nd is a crappy offer in your mind?!

We got Erhoff from SJ for next to nothing because they were crunched.

But then that was a deal out of left field where there were no rumours of him being shopped or having multiple teams interested. If there really are teams willing to put offers out there, then the package going to Chicago won't be White and Rahimi. If it was true to the Ehrhoff scenario, then it'd be less actually, since Leddy isn't quite what Ehrhoff was at that point and Chicago isn't clearing space for another deal, they're just over the cap.

You know what, maybe that balances out, the pressure Chicago has to make a deal in a couple of days and Leddy's lesser value, and actually having teams interested.

Archived