The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Richard Panik-TB, Eric O'Dell-Win

I'd expect Panik to be picked up. BJ's. Canes. Sens. Sabres.

Cmon Winnipeg!!

If we pass on Panik because Chevy believes that Thorburn, Galliardi, Halischuk, and Pardy are too valuable to drop then I will be extremely frustrated.

correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't Van have a shot at Panik or any waiver player for that mater before the canes, BJ's Sens or Jets?

Is it possible to grab Panik just for Utica and depth call up? Kids got some upside if I recall and could be part fo a package trade later on down the road or call up in event of injury which always happens to us

If that were possible, every half decent player would be picked up immediately.

Cmon Winnipeg!!

If we pass on Panik because Chevy believes that Thorburn, Galliardi, Halischuk, and Pardy are too valuable to drop then I will be extremely frustrated.

Galiardi and Halischuk (moreso than Galiardi) had very good pre-seasons. Pardy is needed for defense, so don't see how he relates. Only questionable one is Thorburn. However, the sandpaper that he brings is where his true value is.

Unfortunately, Panik doesn't slot into their top 9; which means he would be wasted on their 4th line.

Is it possible to grab Panik just for Utica and depth call up? Kids got some upside if I recall and could be part fo a package trade later on down the road or call up in event of injury which always happens to us

Obviously not!

Otherwise Tampa would just keep him in there own system for depth.

Archived