The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) TOR-VAN

GM PLACE ROCKS

With Horvat looking to squeeze into the mix I wouldn't be surprised that Benning is trying to start talks early in case Horvat looks like a sure deal to stay with the squad.

I am not sure. Benning wants us to stay young so I figure Lupul is a no go.TOR has no cap for us to just dump a bottom 6 player for a pick or prospect. If anything it will involved one of our top 6 and one of our bottom 6 players for Franson or Gardiner.

That's if TOR is looking for more depth.

For example. Sbisa Hansen/Matthias for Gardiner

Hansen for Franson. Sbisa traded to whoever needs a d-man for a prospect. Or we can find another depth player to cover for the loss of Hansen.

I think Franson would be a great pick up, I'd bet they'd want something other than Hansen. Cost aside they already have a pretty solid third line, that's where Hansen really belongs, as a hard fast forechecking forward who can pot the occasional goal. Most teams aren't into trading top pair d for third liners

There's no reason to think that any of their defensemen would be a good pickup, considering none of them can make a smart or solid play to get the puck out of their own end at any given time.

Gardiner is soft as butter and dumb as a post.

Franson is a wingnut who doesn't care about making plays for the sake of the team.

O'Reilly isn't fully tainted yet, but soon will be. Fairly overrated prospect.

Their saggy vets are all slow and stupid.

PASS.

The only asset of theirs i'd be really interested in is their 2015 1st rounder. So let's scam those fools into taking one of our overpaid vets so they can try to scrape into the playoffs with a useless core group. You say cap hit problem? I say Clarkson buyout. Nonis Power!

Some combination of these assets?

Hansen

2nd rd pick

4th rd pick

Sbisa

Weber

Markstrom

I dunno....

I don't think we really have what they need, or willing to give up anyway. Wait for ufa? I'd imagine the Leafs want some help on the second line. We don't really have anybody other than say Higgins who has a limited NTC if memory serves. Not that I'm pro trading Higgins I think he's the easiest one to remove of our second liners. Kassian? 2-3 line tweeter so far, but I wouldn't be into trading him.

I think Franson would be a great pick up, I'd bet they'd want something other than Hansen. Cost aside they already have a pretty solid third line, that's where Hansen really belongs, as a hard fast forechecking forward who can pot the occasional goal. Most teams aren't into trading top pair d for third liners

Franson is not a top pair D on a good team. Maybe Edmonton and Calgary. We have nothing worth trading that we'd be willing to part with anyway. Unless they have interest in Gaunce.

TOR has defense as well just none that are really good at D besides maybe Polak. However they are stacked with offensive minded defenseman especially now that Percy's showing his colours. I am sure they are more than willing to part with one of them.

And we could use some offensive defensemen

Archived