The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Big Trade Coming Up?

Hodgson!!

I don't really see Eberle being overrated because he, along with Hall, Nugent-Hopkins would do far better on almost any other teams first line.

Something like this would get it done:

EDM: Cassels, Tanev, 3rd

VAN: Eberle, 2nd

Have you looked at the numbers Cassels is putting up (18 points in 10 games) that is on schedule for 110 points over the season. He put up 73 last year and 17 playoff points in 12 games.

This guy could easily be as good as Eberle and is already 181 pounds and 6'-0" at 19 years of age.

We have also still got to see the best of Tanev. I see Tanev and Stanton forming a great partnership on our 2nd line.

We're not gonna trade for Eberle

We're not.

But I would be surprised if Edm did not make a trade.

Pitt needs wingers. If they manage to sign Martin or Ehrhoff before they become UFA at year end > They'll also be stacked in young D. And would have no reservations about coughing up a draft pick for a cup run. I could see Pouliot and a pick being offered for Eberle. Or something else for Yakupov.

Cough if you will, but imagine Yak, his bursts of speed and shot flanking Syd or Malkin?

We're not.

Pitt needs wingers. If they manage to sign Martin or Ehrhoff before they become UFA at year end > They'll also be stacked in young D. And would have no reservations about coughing up a draft pick for a cup run. I could see Pouliot and a pick being offered for Eberle. Or something else for Yakupov.

Cough if you will, but imagine Yak, his bursts of speed and shot flanking Syd or Malkin?

I still say Montreal, the Isles, Pens and Caps are all the most likely destinations for Yak.

Montreal has Galchenyuk and can give up a guy like Eller a D prospect and a pick

NYI can cough up any number of items and playing with Tavares or Strome is a huge plus

Pitts has Malkin and can give up a Pouliot or the like and that roster player + pick

Caps...well that's a no brainer they look like the wings of the 90's

Eberle for his disappearing since his first big season and contract signing has proven he can put up points and be a responsible player, not sure that Yak or the Oil have the patience to wait for that

I still say Montreal, the Isles, Pens and Caps are all the most likely destinations for Yak.

Montreal has Galchenyuk and can give up a guy like Eller a D prospect and a pick

NYI can cough up any number of items and playing with Tavares or Strome is a huge plus

Pitts has Malkin and can give up a Pouliot or the like and that roster player + pick

Caps...well that's a no brainer they look like the wings of the 90's

Eberle for his disappearing since his first big season and contract signing has proven he can put up points and be a responsible player, not sure that Yak or the Oil have the patience to wait for that

Galchenyuk is American

Galchenyuk is American

Him and Yakupov were linemates in Sarnia.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Parenteau

Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Yakupov

Bourque - Sekac - Gallagher

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

That's a forward group I'd strongly consider putting together if I'm Montreal. Maybe even package Desharnais up for a bigger forward.

Galchenyuk is American

Uhhmm.....huh?

That has nothing to do with anything I wrote. Gally was an American born player of Russian nationality and Yakupov's teammate on the Sting. He plays for Montreal. That is why a trade to MTL would make sense.

Him and Yakupov were linemates in Sarnia.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Parenteau

Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Yakupov

Bourque - Sekac - Gallagher

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

That's a forward group I'd strongly consider putting together if I'm Montreal. Maybe even package Desharnais up for a bigger forward.

Not to nitpick, but there's some serious problems with those lines as you've assembled them.

1)Desharnais plays with Pacioretty..ALWAYS they were linemates in junior and have had great sucess together in the NHL. It's been a disaster any time desharnais has been put on a different line

2)You have 2 centres on the second line and no centre on the third

about the only way it works is haveing the lines something like this

Gallagher Desharnias Pacioretty

Parenteau Galchenyuk Yakupov

Sekac Plekanec Borque

Prust Malholtra Weise/Moen

We're not.

I cant see Pit moving Pouliot at all.

a) because of his potential

B) because coach Johnston loves him

Harrington, Dumolin, and Despres are far more likely to be moved on, and are all solid young dmen.

Plus I have Pouliot in my keeper league, and Ive had a chat with Rutherford about letting him get every opportunity to QB the PP with Crosby and Malkin. :D

So their last 5 years of sucking is blown out of proportion too?

I don't know where you've been but 2011 was pretty damn good and that was only three years ago.

The subsequent shortfalls were more political than anything else. Fillis let his assets rot to hell and back and couldn't pull a decent hockey trade to save his job.

Last year was an atrocity seldom seen in any league. It just didn't work out.

Turn the page, retool a third of the team and let the chips fall where they may.

Fear not, Benning will be busy if an extended losing streak occurs.

Have you looked at the numbers Cassels is putting up (18 points in 10 games) that is on schedule for 110 points over the season. He put up 73 last year and 17 playoff points in 12 games.

This guy could easily be as good as Eberle and is already 181 pounds and 6'-0" at 19 years of age.

We have also still got to see the best of Tanev. I see Tanev and Stanton forming a great partnership on our 2nd line.

And we instantly have the worst D core in the league.

I wouldn't necessarily do it, I just posted to show appropriate value.

Archived