The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat to make NHL debut versus Colorado

TheRussianRocket.

Why? Willie has shown no indications that he intends on playing the 4th line that little in ANY game.

Sestito was given around that in his first game.

However the fact that Horvat can PK and is strong in the defensive zone means he will probably play more than what Honda said

The Utica GM was apparently pretty pleased with Bo's performances while he was there.

It also takes shutting down the opposition to win games and although he was not on the scoresheet that doesn't mean his efforts were not keeping the other team out and helping team mates to put up points.

He is quite a big body now at 206 lbs and 6'-0" so he should be able to take the physical side of the game. I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

I must say I think if JB had not promised Bo this chance, we would be seeing Brendan Gaunce coming up in his place. The guy is going to be a star for us after a season in the AHL.

Junkyard Dog, on 03 Nov 2014 - 3:18 PM, said:snapback.png

Sestito was given around that in his first game.

However the fact that Horvat can PK and is strong in the defensive zone means he will probably play more than what Honda said

Sestito got hurt in the 1st period...

of his second game.

I must say I think if JB had not promised Bo this chance, we would be seeing Brendan Gaunce coming up in his place. The guy is going to be a star for us after a season in the AHL.

I don't think JB "promised" anyone anything. Horvat showed in the preseason that he could play in the NHL and earned the right to see if he can do that now that the games matter.

We'll see how he does.

The Utica GM was apparently pretty pleased with Bo's performances while he was there.

It also takes shutting down the opposition to win games and although he was not on the scoresheet that doesn't mean his efforts were not keeping the other team out and helping team mates to put up points.

He is quite a big body now at 206 lbs and 6'-0" so he should be able to take the physical side of the game. I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

6'1 215+ :P

Glad he's finally going to get his first NHL game. I was bummed that he didn't get it in our arena, but if that was because WD was honoring his word to Sestito that if he played well he'd stay in the lineup then I'm cool with it. (Sad he got hurt though!)

Go get 'em, Horvat! :towel:

6' 1" and 216 Lbs. is the latest and that is down from Bo's self stated weight of 220+ Lbs. last spring.

Ox....

I don't expect much from Horvat tonight and I'm sure the coaching staff doesn't either. He gets 9 games max and he is going down. Doesn't matter if he gets 9 points in 9 games, he still is going down. The coaching staff isn't looking for points or goals from him, they want to see that he has the toughness to stand up to NHL level play, keep his head up (we saw what happened when he didn't) and play a good defensively minded game without making too many mistakes.

Enjoy watching him play but don't put too high of expecations on him. He is a 19 year old.

Archived