The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vey staying on second line?

dbutcher

What is your perception? I thought that Vey made that line more offensive last night and the Stats agree.

Where to play Burr?

3rd line showing good chem.......

Does management want to find a home for Bo?

Who gets scratched?

This is great to have these issues and decisions.

Scratch Hansen for a game.

Matthias got a goal last game so he's ok

Horvat had a good game for a debut and did what was asked for + he's an exception

Dorsett doing good.

Hansens doing good too, but the fact that Matthias and Dorsetts been playing like beasts made it unfortunately harder for him to play

Scratch Hansen for a game.

Matthias got a goal last game so he's ok

Horvat had a good game for a debut and did what was asked for + he's an exception

Dorsett doing good.

Hansens doing good too, but the fact that Matthias and Dorsetts been playing like beasts made it unfortunately harder for him to play

I don't think any of the regulars get scratched as they are all playing well and Burr has to get playing again. Bo will probably get one of the back to back games or if someone gets injured.

Bonino Higgins and Burrow were cruising along nicely before the suspension and their chemistry was good. Why take Burrows out and put Vey in cause they had one good game. Here is a question Vrbata gets hurt and out for 3 games and Hansen fills in nicely does Willie leave Hansen there and sit Vrbata until a spot comes open?

IMO, it's Hansen that sits. With Vey's play vs. the Avs, I think he deserves a longer look with Higgy and Bonino. It may appear as if Vey has pushed Burrows down the depth chart.

A fourth line of Burrows -- Horvat -- Dorsett has the potential to be the best fourth line in the NHL. But that's > $7M cap space tied up on the fourth...if Vey keeps doing what he did on Tuesday, IMO, it won't be long before Burrows is shopped around (in spite of his NTC).

Burrows...his undisciplined play may have cost him more than three games. I'll be sad if Burrows is moved, but time may have come.

Been saying for a while it should be Vey/Kassian alternating on 2nd and 3rd lines based on their play. Same with Burrows and Higgins on lw. I'd personally start Burrows (and Vey) on the 2nd.

Burrows, Bonino, Vey

Higgins, Richardson, Kassian

Matthias, Horvat, Dorsett/Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian

Burrows - Vey - Matthias

Richardson - Horvat - Dorsett

I think Hansen should be traded for prospects or a pick unless they plan on sending Horvat back to junior after the WJC. Regardless of Horvat, space needs to be moved for Jensen anyway. We need to inject more skill to our lineup than no hands Hansen.

Wanna see

Sedins-Burrows

Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata

Matthais-Richardson-Kassian

Dorsett-Horvat-Vey

Why? Vrbata and they sedins have gone cold. If you watch they play a perimeter game. No one drives the net and goes to the net like Burrows does. With Vrbata he plays behind the net with the sedins cycling. he's not in a shooting position or going to those areas to score like Burrows does. Burrows lets the sedins do their magic and he gets in those dirty area's

I think Hansen should be traded for prospects or a pick unless they plan on sending Horvat back to junior...

We need to inject more skill to our lineup than no hands Hansen.

Hank,Radim,Linden and Nick are the only Canucks whom have more goals than Jannick Hansen.

So, "no hands" more aptly applies to:

Higgins

Burrows

Matthias

Kassian

Dorsett

Sestito

+ Each and Every Canuck d man

Jannick has the same amount of goals as:

Dank

Richardson

At the least,Hansen is a useful player on most NHL teams,including this one.

Vey looked great on the 2nd line and IMO that's exactly what they need - a bit of pure skill. Vey has better offensive vision than Burrows but more importantly he's a right handed shot which is why their cycling, passing and scoring worked much better.

I'll admit Burrows has looked good this season but he's just a replica of Higgins, so chemistry-wise he'd be better suited to the 3rd line. Vey really should play on the 2nd and if Vbrata continues to struggle, put him on the top line.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Burrows - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Matthias - Horvat

Scratch Hansen for a game. He looked strong last game and was all over the puck, but the kids had no luck and been invisible at times. Maybe a healthy scratch will shake him up. Dorsett and Matthias definately deserve 4th line minutes at the least with how well they've played lately.

If Kassian continues his poor play he should be the next to get scratched.

Wow. How long has it been that the team has been in this predicament? No one really deserves to come out based on the last game. Of course that may be why players on the bubble before like Hansen and Matthias and Dorsett stepped it up and knowing that Burrows was coming back and the Canucks may want to keep in Horvat.

I'm with Sekaras. He says it will perhaps be a different player for each game coming up. Vey, Hansen, Mathias, may all get to watch a game in a suit, depending on how much size vs speed vs finesse they need for each game.

Archived