The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen

Bakewalk

Which One:

HansonBrothers.jpg

I'd take 'em all. Hanson's that is, not Hansen. But I would take Hansen in something like the 11th round, which we did. So really, a pretty good pick at.. 9215th overall. I agree, his lack of offensive skill is frustrating but he's a natural RW and because of that gets some ice with the twins. No biggie, he's not a liability and he's cheap like borscht, so just let it be man.

What is the deal with Hansen and why does everyone like him so much?

I am so sick and tired of watching this plug get one of the best chances for the Canucks every night only to have him bobble it or misplay it and it accumulates to nothing.

Why does he get a shot with the Sedins tonight in Anaheim? He is terrible and he will get a glorious chance and screw it up tonight for sure! Why would we not put a kid on the line with some hands for the night? Why doesn't Vey or Jensen get a chance, at least they got hands??? Also, burrows?

No Hands Hansen.

or

No Hands son.

Tire of this plug in our lineup and getting grade A chances, only to screw it up.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.

+1 The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

Unsure if that's a troll pic and a +1 or you actually do agree with what I wrote.

LOL.

Anyways, we have plenty of Hansen type players on our roster, if he has any value, I would be finding out what that value is at the trade deadline or if a better offer comes in sooner.

+1 to WD tonight for recognizing this and at least trying to spark the offense without changing all 4 lines. Keep that Bonino line together, they are going to be something special this year with our secondary scoring.

Hansen is the king of getting breakaways and then being not able to finish. Loved his "snap shot" straight into Andersen's huge pads.

I really thought that might actually squeak through somehow. Surprisingly it just didn't... :rolleyes:

He is a third liner at best and never should play in the top six unless there is truly no other option.

I would have preferred to see Jensen get a chance with the Sedins. He has been heating up in Utica and this call up came at a good time for him to produce.

He is most effective on the third / fourth line as an energy player than can chip in a goal or two on some nights.

I'm not sure what they were thinking putting him with on the 1st PP unit, but we didn't really have much choice. I would've preferred to see Jensen or Burrows on the first unit, but we escaped with a win either way.

Seems like Willie's shuffling him around wherever he needs a defensive anchor, so I take it he trusts him quite a bit. Covering for Burr during the suspension, riding shotgun with Bo for his first couple games, now subbing for Vrbata (for whom all the love seems to be his sniping, but he's been quietly effective on the speedy backcheck).

Take any offense as a bonus, but this is the exact type needed when you're decimated by injuries trying to scratch out 2-1 wins. Doesn't hurt that he's proven very durable in the west.

Keep him, but get him off the pp.

He's an effective plug. He can fill almost any role as a backup plan in case of injury, even if he doesn't score. At minimum, he is a speedy forechecker who is defensively responsible. I don't mean that he can replace Vrbata, but he can take his spot for a couple games while Vrbata recovers without ruining the top line. It allows the 2nd and 3rd lines to remain intact while he "plugs" in on the first. The Sedins lose some scoring potential, but remain defensively strong while the 2nd and 3rd lines are allowed to stay relatively consistent.

It's a good strategy to not try and shuffle all 4 lines to replace 1 or 2 players, but instead just use a couple of fill ins. So yeah, Hansen is valuable to us. It is best for us if he stays on the 4th while healthy, and is used heavily in defensive roles and on the PK, and when we are injured he can be used as a stop gap. For all the people lamenting he is not better offensively, I say to you that if he was then he would deserve a full time top 6 role and more money. That means if he was better we would probably have another player with his skillset in his place.

Seems like Willie's shuffling him around wherever he needs a defensive anchor, so I take it he trusts him quite a bit. Covering for Burr during the suspension, riding shotgun with Bo for his first couple games, now subbing for Vrbata (for whom all the love seems to be his sniping, but he's been quietly effective on the speedy backcheck).

Take any offense as a bonus, but this is the exact type needed when you're decimated by injuries trying to scratch out 2-1 wins. Doesn't hurt that he's proven very durable in the west.

Keep him, but get him off the pp.

Finally someone who gets it. +1

Hansen was very effective tonight in his role. +8 Corsi and +7 Fenwick, making him the Canucks' third best forward in terms of on-ice attempts and territorial play. And every line he played on saw it's possession numbers go into free-fall without Hansen and/or bolstered as soon as he joined them.

And really, why does Hansen get all the hate for failing to covert on scoring chances in a game where the entire team netted only one goal on 66 attempts (total Corsi-for)?

Vey was given the most favorable deployment, in terms of zonestarts, of any Canuck and still managed to have the second worse possession numbers among forwards. All Vey succeeded in doing tonight at evens was pretty much universally tanking his linemates' Corsi stats (including the twins).

No wonder Desjardins picks Hansen as his "safe choice" to fill in when key guys are out of the lineup.

i don't understand why everyone is trying to bash hansen.. he's one of the most effective 3rd/4th liners in the league.. very responsible defensively and can play the penalty kill.. yes his hand sux.. his finish sux.. but it's not like he went to the coach and said hey put me in the top 6.. i'm a sniper not a defensive forward.. is it his fault he started on the first line?? by moving him up into a top 6 role.. you are forcing him to think more offense which he's not too capable of.. and hence it'll also affect his defense.. give the guy a break.. if you want to bash.. maybe bash the guy that put him there in the first place?

i don't understand why everyone is trying to bash hansen.. he's one of the most effective 3rd/4th liners in the league.. very responsible defensively and can play the penalty kill.. yes his hand sux.. his finish sux.. but it's not like he went to the coach and said hey put me in the top 6.. i'm a sniper not a defensive forward.. is it his fault he started on the first line?? by moving him up into a top 6 role.. you are forcing him to think more offense which he's not too capable of.. and hence it'll also affect his defense.. give the guy a break.. if you want to bash.. maybe bash the guy that put him there in the first place?

I think everyone's just butthurt that he didn't become another Kesler and score bunches of goals. There is a huge misconception on CDC in regards to Hansen's current role. He's on the 4th line; therefore, he's there to play that anchor role and chip in when he can. He doesn't need to have soft hands for this. He doesn't even need to score necessarily. He just needs to contribute however he can through his work ethic.

At least that's my view of him. We've seen what he can do in the past and everyone used to like him around here. I don't really know what happened to make him the whipping boy.

Hansen was not as physical last year and has been even less physical this season. He opts to get hit rather than dish them out and yeah he has problems scoring. I've seen him pass a chance at solid open hit only to end in awkward defensive position and then go on to chase players that have the puck.

Can you believe the guy has a NTC!

Archived