The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers booed outside locker room

NatureBoy

Contrast Edm with the Quebec Nordique. Nords got lucky picking Sakic('88) in the teens; similarly Oil got Eberle a little later.

Then both teams got three consecutive #1 selections.

Sundin, Nolan & Lindros were all traded in their youth. The Lindros deal set them up for 10~15 yrs. On top of that, they landed Roy for what turned out as spare parts. Importantly the franchise was moved to a player-friendly market in the US(beautiful place, with excited fanbase). Roy wouldn't have gone to them, had they still played in Quebec.

Now we're in a cap-world, & Edm's signed their three #1's to pretty large coin..they prob can't successfully emulate the Nords' way. Of their 4 young fwd-stars, I think I'd trade 2 of them, for packages including D.

Might Nash consider moving Seth Jones for Hall or RNH, considering their stable of elite D? If not, surely Josi or Ellis could be had.

too much logic and level headed thinking goin g on for an average Oiler fan to comprehend... I live in N. Alberta now and it is maddening listening to their fans... CLueless

Vancouver fans can be scummy too...remember what happened after Game 7 back in 2011?

Cut some of these fans a break. They have been watching crappy hockey for several years now, and it's the players who are playing poorly.

I've said it before, the Oilers again do not have the right coach. The team seems to play a different game from period to period, no consistency whatsoever. They have been described as listless and distracted in practice and they don't show up prepared to play ( Chicago game is a great example)

Chicago had an issue like this (albeit not for this many seasons) and had several coaches with no success until they hired Quenneville. The Oilers need their Quenneville.

But it might be better to keep tanking and try to grab McDavid. A lineup like Edmonton's with good coaching could become a sleeper to be a contender, especially if they had McDavid next season.

Sorry pal, but I disagree. The wasted zygotes who trashed the city may have been wearing Canucks jerseys but weren't fans of the team. They showed up with crowbars and jerry cans of gasoline. They used the crowd as a ignition point for their deranged motives.

A true fan would go home rather than make their way down to the concourse to deride people whose physical effort and ability they could never match.

Those people are trash. Simple as that. If they didn't like what they saw, what did they hope their impotent rage would improve or correct?

There's a reason a lot of people leave that cesspool in Alberta.

Does it make me a bad person if I find watching the Oilers misery hilarious?

Watching the misery of their pathetic, feckless fan base's misery is fun. The players, unlike the trash booing them in the concourse, will find themselves in better situations soon enough.

It all starts at the top.

Oilers fans are truly bottom feeding scum. They should have stayed in their seats and started a Fire Lowe chant instead of taking it out on the players.

Well maybe that turd Ference, but outside of him? They don't deserve that.

Typical BS from Deadmonton.

Absolutely. But the problem is that they identify with deadbeat bosses like Lowe. That's what makes them the slaves that they are.

There's a reason a lot of people leave that cesspool in Alberta.

Before you call Alberta a 'cesspool' you might want to take a look in your own backyard : I hear BC allowing heroin prescriptions to addicts now, things must be going well in the province of BC. That's a good thing though, you don't want to be caught by Vancouver police in the middle of a drug deal. They might just shoot first and ask questions later.

Before you call Alberta a 'cesspool' you might want to take a look in your own backyard : I hear BC allowing heroin prescriptions to addicts now, things must be going well in the province of BC. That's a good thing though, you don't want to be caught by Vancouver police in the middle of a drug deal. They might just shoot first and ask questions later.

whatever dude atleast we dont have to live in minus 32 weather, say whatever you want to make yourself feel better...BC is awesome. :towel::canucks:

Trying to fix drug addiction and homelessness? Yea what a crappy place.

You can thank BC for taking most of your homeless too. They wouldn't survive in -30 weather.

Last time I checked, Alberta has a higher homicide rate than BC. Not sure how safe Alberta is.

No direction and no plan. Tough to win in a losing culture. They can't win because they expect to lose and it has become acceptable. They need to get some veteran leadership and disciplined coaching. This will take time and culture change. Start at the top and work down.

What's going on with Joel Armia? that guy showed so much promise.

Think he'll get into the lineup soon?

Armia was stuck in juniors limbo for a couple of years. There was just a Rochester D&C article on him not too long ago talking about how well he has been doing and how he is beginning to outgrow the AHL.

I think Murray is reluctant to bring up the young guys right now because of the orchestrated losing. You don't want to burn off their ELC years and get your young guys to accept losing right off the bat.

Armia is fun to watch. He has some serious skill.

Albertan expatriate here, moved to Vancouver four years ago and never looked back. Make of that what you will. :bigblush:

Just out of curiosity. What is the worst single season record on the past 20 years. Do the oilers stand a chance ? I feel terrible for the players and coach. Just nothing has gone right. This team needs to be pulled apart for their own good. Regardless seriously do they stand a chance at worst season record in the past 20 years.

Just out of curiosity. What is the worst single season record on the past 20 years. Do the oilers stand a chance ? I feel terrible for the players and coach. Just nothing has gone right. This team needs to be pulled apart for their own good. Regardless seriously do they stand a chance at worst season record in the past 20 years.

I don't know for sure, but this season definitely came to mind right away.

Here is the Atlanta Thrashers' record in their first season:

14 W

57 L

7 T

4 OTL

39 PTS

Oilers trade draft pick Tobias Reider to the Coyotes for a nobody, Reider goes on to put up over a ppg in the AHL and was playing against the Oilers tonight. Ended up scoring two short handed goals on the Oilers on the same PP :lol: :lol:. Talk about salt in the wound

93-94 sens had 37 pts i believe.

didn't the 1st or 2nd year of the san jose sharks set a record for losses? over 70 i think.

Archived