The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you wish the Canucks could emulate the success of the Leafs right now?

freebuddy

Do I wish to emulate the hot team month by month? What an ignorant thread. Obviously, what team doesn't want to win consistently.

The leafs seem to slowly be turning it around. They still don't have the pieces to make any kind of serious noise I don't think. Bring them out west for a season and tell me how good their record is.

No because I don't necessarily think that the Leafs are playing good hockey. They're getting hecka lucky to win some of these games, but I don't see it yielding any significant success in the long run. The key to long term success in the key times is to make sure that a team is playing the right way.

We're not there yet either. The D is too inconsistent and the Sedins are no longer producing at a point per game rate, but I don't think the Leafs are there either

So it was pretty much like the Canucks earlier on this season...

I agree that the Leafs and Canucks are both not there yet. I still think the Leafs can sneak into the 8th playoff spot though, but that depends on when their typical end-of-season collapse happens.

Let's go into more detail why the Canucks DO NOT want to emulate the Leafs:

1) Phil Kessel... most overrated forward in the league.... horrible defensive skills... Leafs traded Tyler Seguin for him... who would you rather have on your team?

2) Dion Pheneuf... most overrated Defenseman in the league... no even an allstar, not selected to Team Canada... yet he's being paid like he was... likely he's spending too much time with Elisha to focus on actually playing.

3) Geoffrey Lupul... another hugely overrated forward... being paid 6.25 mil for 5 years for what? One 67 point season? He's averaging 43 pts a season over the last three... also has gone from being Masterton trophy winner to being one of the dirtiest players in the league... attempted to deliberately injure Henrik Sedin last game vs the Canucks in the center of the universe.

What's there to want to emulate in that sorry bunch?

Let's go into more detail why the Canucks DO NOT want to emulate the Leafs:

1) Phil Kessel... most overrated forward in the league.... horrible defensive skills... Leafs traded Tyler Seguin for him... who would you rather have on your team?

2) Dion Pheneuf... most overrated Defenseman in the league... no even an allstar, not selected to Team Canada... yet he's being paid like he was... likely he's spending too much time with Elisha to focus on actually playing.

3) Geoffrey Lupul... another hugely overrated forward... being paid 6.25 mil for 5 years for what? One 67 point season? He's averaging 43 pts a season over the last three... also has gone from being Masterton trophy winner to being one of the dirtiest players in the league... attempted to deliberately injure Henrik Sedin last game vs the Canucks in the center of the universe.

What's there to want to emulate in that sorry bunch?

2. Elisha Cuthbertson though. Mmm. I can't hate a guy for being distracted by that.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived