The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you wish the Canucks could emulate the success of the Leafs right now?

freebuddy

I found a lot of people living in Vancouver has a bit of an inferiority complex compared to Toronto. I think it had more to do with financial, profile, and reputation as a city rather than the things you cite. Also, there just are so many people from there living in Vancouver that are still Leafs fans that it's easy to rise to the bait.

Pfffft, the only people that perpetuate that horsesheit are the Toronto media and the local cancers that won't stop whining and bitching but don't have the balls to go live anywhere else.

Full disclosure; former resident of both cities, property owner in Thornhill with a bunch of friends and family in both.

Can you link me a source with the lakes containing compound to protect us from acid rain?

I can't remember the exact compound( I learnt about it years ago) but if you need proof you can just read this

http://www.bcairquality.ca/101/acid-rain.html

"While acid rain is in the air, its constituents can endanger human health and decrease visibility. These constituents are nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, and particulate matter (PM) in the form of sulphates and nitrates. Once it has reached ground level, acid rain acidifies lakes and streams that don't have the natural alkalinity needed to neutralize the acid, which can harm or kill plant and animal life. Acid rain damages trees and sensitive forest soils. It also speeds up the decay of buildings and paints, including valuable, historic buildings and statues.

Acid rain is a problem in eastern Canada because many of the water and soil systems aren't alkaline, and therefore cannot neutralize the acid. Here in the west, most of British Columbia has not been affected by acid rain, due to resistant soils that can neutralize acid, and easterly winds. Another factor is B.C.'s lower level of industrialization and, therefore, the emissions that cause acid rain."

I can't remember the exact compound( I learnt about it years ago) but if you need proof you can just read this

"While acid rain is in the air, its constituents can endanger human health and decrease visibility. These constituents are nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, and particulate matter (PM) in the form of sulphates and nitrates. Once it has reached ground level, acid rain acidifies lakes and streams that don't have the natural alkalinity needed to neutralize the acid, which can harm or kill plant and animal life. Acid rain damages trees and sensitive forest soils. It also speeds up the decay of buildings and paints, including valuable, historic buildings and statues.

Acid rain is a problem in eastern Canada because many of the water and soil systems aren't alkaline, and therefore cannot neutralize the acid. Here in the west, most of British Columbia has not been affected by acid rain, due to resistant soils that can neutralize acid, and easterly winds. Another factor is B.C.'s lower level of industrialization and, therefore, the emissions that cause acid rain."

Cool thanks. Its not that i din't believe you i had just never heard about it before

You know that moment when you wish you hadn't started a topic that would eventually make you look quite dumb and over reactive.

My apologies for not answering in a more timely manner however, I wished to ponder the question and see how things looked mid-season. So here goes. I would have to say NO

Coniferous forests have acidic soil, so the west is just as vulnerable. The difference is there's less burning of coal in the west. You're welcome.

You know that moment when you wish you hadn't started a topic that would eventually make you look quite dumb and over reactive.

My apologies for not answering in a more timely manner however, I wished to ponder the question and see how things looked mid-season. So here goes. I would have to say NO

That's alright, we can still envy their draft position.

Archived