The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Hits were 30 to 10. After the first period, 16 to 4 for Calgary? Sigh... Do we have a team full of players that are too afraid to hit now that they are so old or what? No way we win a playoff round without being able to hit.

if you have the puck the entire time, it makes it alot harder to throw hits

all calgary did in the 1st was score a goal, lol we had possession the rest of the period

After the last couple games, it looks like the Sedin's are getting worse game by game. They were abysmal in the Ozone. Created many turnovers. It was frustrating hockey to watch.

AND SBISA FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE CAN YOU MAKE A LEAD PASS THAT DOESN'T TURN INTO AN N ZONE TURNOVER. God I'm trying to like Sbisa but his vision is god awful.

Where were the 7 million dollar men? The flames are one of the few teams they usually feast on. If they're not even going to do that anymore then Benning should put his thinking cap on and figure out a way to unload them. 3 more years of them as our primary "offensive threat" doing their usual little song and dance means this team is going nowhere.

Where were the 7 million dollar men? The flames are one of the few teams they usually feast on. If they're not even going to do that anymore then Benning should put his thinking cap on and figure out a way to unload them. 3 more years of them as our primary "offensive threat" doing their usual little song and dance means this team is going nowhere.

Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know they're human too? <_<

A huge mistake was made by resigning the Twins to those big money contracts. Last year was obviously not an anomaly. Imo they have to much control over this team .There game is predictable , same perimeter plays everytime in the Ozone .Do they know that you can go into the middle of the ice or in front of the net? and that shooting will result in goals ? Frustrating!

Sedins won't finish with more than 60 points this year. Any fellow CDCers feel free to quote me. They are lazy, they only hope for the luck on a platter, right on their stick. When do you ever see them hustle for a lose puck? It's sad to see really.

What's also sad is that our 19 year old rookie looks more determined and hard working than any of our players te last few games. He is driving the net, not Kassian who is 6 foot 3.

Neet to call up Jensen and trade out one of the regulars (Burrows, higgins)

Also, no more Sbisa, he's just too risky much like Bieksa.

You act like 60 points is a bad thing. 7M is the going rate for that kind of player now.

That song was SOOO 2014

LOL. Yep, but very appropriate. Sedins are human... they age. No need to talk so rude about them.

Yeah, they've slowed down but the sedinery is still there. They're not scoring as often as people here would like. But bottom line is, they are still producing. They're still top 30 players ... check out the great players they're ahead of. People here don't like the way they're playing. But somehow they're getting it done. And still worth their $7 mil.

A huge mistake was made by resigning the Twins to those big money contracts. Last year was obviously not an anomaly. Imo they have to much control over this team .There game is predictable , same perimeter plays everytime in the Ozone .Do they know that you can go into the middle of the ice or in front of the net? and that shooting will result in goals ? Frustrating!

We simply weren't going to give up our franchise players and the best Canucks in history for nothing. They're still good. Definitely not the problem, just looking at their performance level vs all of our other offensive players. It's just that we should plan for future.

Some observations:

1. Huge Kassian fan, I want this guy to succeed so badly, but he has made absolutely zero progression over the past three years to date. Of course we all see the materials he has but he really lacks the "tools" to put it all together, maybe he will, maybe he won't, you only know by continuing to be patient and try to develop him- astounding though he has made no progress.

2. The core- old and stale for sure- lack hunger, energy and sadly talent but that's the natural history of age. Keep some, trade some, but make no mistake, the guys we keep are to serve as mentors for youth in our upcoming rebuild and not to challenge for the cup.

Keep - Sedins, vrabata, Hamhuis, Edler, Tanev, Hansen, Richardsson, Dorsett, lack, markstrom

Move- Miller, Bieksa, burrows, Higgins, Bonino, weber.

I don't care- Stanton, Sbisa, Matthias.

Develop - Corrado, vey, Horvat and Kassian with more minutes, and incorporate gaunce, Jensen, shink when ready. IMO, no reason vey should sit when Higgins is in there doing crap all.

3. Move assets mentioned above for picks, prospects and focus on quality ( prospects with upside of 1C, 1D, top 4 D if possible, focus in some complementary players with 'heaviness')

4. Be ok with a rebuild- we are not going full Edmonton oiler here, as we are keeping some vets to help guide and grow the kids, but we need to strip it down.

It is a bad thing. 60 points for supposed top line players? Not acceptable in the least.

They're on pace to get 70+ pts. There's no reason not to think they can't do it. They've been pretty consistent with their scoring (pts) all season. They were shut down against Calgary. But in the half dozen games before that they hit the scoresheet consistently and were the only players doing it consistently.

Again... people here complain about them being 'slow', 'predictable', 'not taking shots' ... yet they are still producing consistently enough to be top 30 (2-3 pts within top 20 with games in hand). That to me is more than acceptable.

People who are looking for Canucks to blame are barking up the wrong tree with the Sedins. The problem was and is again secondary scoring. Look throughout the lineup at the players in a scoring slump. And how many goals are being scored by the dmen? You can't expect the Sedins to carry the team. It didn't work in the past and it still isn't going to work.

Bieksa sucks. The only reason we lost this game... Bieksa

I sure hope this is sarcasm, otherwise it's abysmally stupid.

I have never understood the positive behind hitting the post? Is it related to being close to going in? Because shooting the puck into the goalies logo is close,or their glove. The post is the worst miss you can have, you beat the goalie but couldn't score. If you beat the goalie and you miss you should be pissed.

Players use it as a positive, it's weak.

Ridiculous. The worst miss you can have is a whiff, or one that goes a mile wide. Hitting the post and not having it go in is a matter of bad luck.

I can't say I'm surprised at the collective angst around here, (this is CDC after all) but as disappointing as the loss was, the reaction is as usual, way overblown.

The Canucks not only outshot the Flames last night, they outplayed them. They spent far more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone and as noted by the play by play crew, had more than double the scoring chances. This was a much better effort than the game against the Panthers, (probably because no-one was cheering for Ortio :rolleyes: ) but the Canucks just didn't get any bounces.

In the course of an 82 game season, you're going to gave games where, pucks hit the post, bounce over sticks, or deflect just wide....sometimes the opposing goaltender is going to have one of those games....it happens.

But if it makes everyone happier to run around shouting "The sky is falling", by all means, don't let me stop you.

I've never said or thought anything but positives for the Twins until last night's game.

Sedins have already come as close to a cup as they are ever going to get. They can't be expected to rack up the points when they have become slow, lacklustre and have totally predictable plays.

Archived