The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

deja vu

#1Luongofan

I might be wrong, but I don't think your contractions are supposed to be like that.

There is such a thing as expressing your own opinion. However, there is also something called grammar and punctuation.

Fix that up and you might be taken seriously around here

Members who have joined 2014 or later should not be allowed grammar policing roles or duties. ;)

His point is nothing different from what has been discussed In the GDT's and PGT's.

In my experience, nothing much posted on here is original and yet some of the played to death topics garner hundreds of posts. Give the guy a break.

It's the usual problem with CDC, if you don't like the subject then just butt out.

As for attacking the guy's grammar, unless you know his/her personal circumstances, what gives you the right? Maybe you should get a part time job as a school teacher.

I think it's going to be a slow build that takes about three years before we are competitive again (cup challenging I hope). It's what I thought before the season and as happy as I was to see the great start I'm not dissatisfied now. I would like to see more youth.

Cup challenging in 3yrs? 82-94-2011 over 10 years between finals, thats the way it works with this club.

Not hard to understand, when we were contenders a few years ago, Chris Higgins was a 3rd line player. Now for the past 2 years he's been a full time 2nd liner.

Just show lack of depth, secondary scoring. And instead of playing guys like Jensen, Kassian or Vey in a full time top 6 role and see how they develop, we keep running around in circle. We play the same old core that failed time and time again, and we dont trust and develop our prospects.

This is getting very boring, frustrating to watch. I'd rather lose more games and seeing flashes of the Kassian, Horvat, Jensen play significant role, than seeing play old, blend, veteran disappear as the season goes on.

I'd be fine if we don't make the playoffs. We are going to get a top 10 pick in a deep draft that way. The fact that everyone in the top 10 could have been 1st overall picks in previous drafts mean that this draft is a really good draft to get what we need. I'll be happy.

Don't look now but, we're in the final Wild Card spot, we are 11th in our conference in goals scored, we don't have anyone in the top 30 in scoring/points race, our goalies are in the 20-30 range in GAA, and we have less points overall then we did at this time last year.

Yet...there's still hope....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone here has some common sense.

Let's bring in players who can score. Let's trade our old, stale core and unproven prospects for other teams' best players and prospects. Seems so obvious now.

I hope Linden and Benning have thought of this.

it's deja vu all over again

^I'll always carve out time for Yogi berra-isms..uttered gems like:

"the future ain't what it used to be."

or, "Little-league ball is so important for small towns..it keeps the parents off the streets! :^)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice....in practice, there is."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

This thread is useless everyone chirping at each other.. I think th e OP should lock this thread and ppl starting threads like this should just stay off CDC or actually have a reason to start a thread... Oh shoot my punctuation and grammer may not be correct, come on grammer natzies give me a break please......

Canucks fans, at least real Canucks fans, are smart enough to know what's going on. My prayer is that they don't treat us like we don't know what's going on.

However, I have a feeling that they're going to first trade Kassian for futures instead of a vet for futures, blaming NTC's for the lack of movement of a vet. And then they're just going to trade the same vets in question later. Then when Kassian does well on his new team, people will be like why did we trade Kassian before he even had a chance here? And then maybe the story will change into some randomness like he was a cancer, etc. Ho-hum.

Hopefully this Kassian stuff doesn't happen though. He has pretty much no value now. It makes zero sense to trade him at the moment.

In my experience, nothing much posted on here is original and yet some of the played to death topics garner hundreds of posts. Give the guy a break.

It's the usual problem with CDC, if you don't like the subject then just butt out.

As for attacking the guy's grammar, unless you know his/her personal circumstances, what gives you the right? Maybe you should get a part time job as a school teacher.

And what gives you the right to comment on my personal life and what job I should get?

I'm sure his circumstances are fine lol. He's smart enough to make an account and start up a thread in CDC. Just being plain lazy is what it is

Archived