The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Hurricanes

-Vintage Canuck-

Vrbata standing out as the talent on that line now. They seldom show signs of what they used tobe, even on the PP these days.

Come come, they each got 2 pts last night. On the other hand, Voracek and Giroux, two of the top point getters in the league got shut down. You can't expect the Sedins to hit the scoresheet every game. There will be games when they are 'invisible'. Sometimes that has to do with the top lines shutting each other down. You notice Carolina's top line got shut down too?

I see it as a positive that the Canucks can win without the Sedins hitting the scoresheet. That's what we will need in the playoffs.

And they are not making $7 mil for past accolades. They're earning it by still being top 30 point getters.

Again, comparing one game in the NHL is just ignorant of facts, do you get that? They also got 3 points each one night. What does that have to do with anything, are they now 240 points players per season?

Reluctantly I guess I get what you're saying, I'm not down on the Sedins I'm just talking about what realistically the Canucks need to succeed? A part of it is the Sedins. At their salary they're paid to produce every night.

The thing is this team has needed another scoring threat for years regardless of who, what, where, or when the Sedin's are or is. We need another of level scoring, we don't have it, cap is a concern.

Sorry but that's dumb. Parity is something Bettman likes to claim they have. Tell me Pittsburg is on the same level as Edmonton with a straight face.

Well Edmonton has ten wins that are making a difference in this league. There are 30 teams. Pretty much 27(all of them) of them are competitive, meaning they can win on any night, and that means over 90% of the time you're getting a competitive game.

Also, no team is out of a playoff spot yet, because of ties and number theory every team has chance right down to the last couple weeks, they all get a point every game. Do you actually watch hockey? I hate it, I'm not saying it's right but that's reality.

For any astute fan of the game they realize that this supreme parity is actually killing the game.

Edit: I guess a lot of people that don't play hardcore sports might not get this but if you are offered 2 points for a million+ dollar job and 1 point will still benefit the team's goals you gladly take that point and move up against your competition. On top of that if your competitors are fighting each other for points as well one point is better than none and can often win you the gambit.

As such, all the teams tend to be closely grouped and climbing the standings one point at a time at the end of the year. That's parity.

Again, comparing one game in the NHL is just ignorant of facts, do you get that? They also got 3 points each one night. What does that have to do with anything, are they now 240 points players per season?

Reluctantly I guess I get what you're saying, I'm not down on the Sedins I'm just talking about what realistically the Canucks need to succeed? A part of it is the Sedins. At their salary they're paid to produce every night.

The thing is this team has needed another scoring threat for years regardless of who, what, where, or when the Sedin's are or is. We need another of level scoring, we don't have it, cap is a concern.

I brought up last night's game because you brought up tonight's game when they were 'invisible'. I'm illustrating the point that they can't hit the scoresheet every night. Also i brought up their position in the scoring race (points) which shows the fact that they have been producing consistently, despite being 'invisible' sometimes. Same as anyone else on that top 30 list.

Tell me who DOES 'produce every night'.... give me a break. Does Voracek, the #1 guy? I remind you he got shut down last night. And how's his team doing? He can't do it alone.

I will agree with your last statement. Obviously a team needs 'another level of scoring'... secondary scoring. THE SEDINS CAN'T DO IT THEMSELVES. There are signs we have it this season. So I'm optimistic for the team this year.

The last two games have been great but I dont think we should plan the parade just yet.

No one is planning a parade but some fans want to acknowledge and praise the team when they win, just like how some fans like to bash and whine when the team loses.

I'm a fan of DD but he isn't comparable to Torres. Man that guy was crazy and scary.

Torres was a wrecking ball, literally. When he throws a hit, the player either gets injured, bruised or taken on a stretcher. I miss him because of the 2011 run and how he was a key to our run, also injuring two key players in Joe Thornton and Seabrook along the way with his vicious hits.

I brought up last night's game because you brought up tonight's game when they were 'invisible'. I'm illustrating the point that they can't hit the scoresheet every night. Also i brought up their position in the scoring race (points) which shows the fact that they have been producing consistently, despite being 'invisible' sometimes. Same as anyone else on that top 30 list.

Tell me who DOES 'produce every night'.... give me a break. Does Voracek, the #1 guy? I remind you he got shut down last night. And how's his team doing? He can't do it alone.

I will agree with your last statement. Obviously a team needs 'another level of scoring'... secondary scoring. THE SEDINS CAN'T DO IT THEMSELVES. There are signs we have it this season. So I'm optimistic for the team this year.

Okay, I agree. They still did f all it's just an observation and one that an athlete measures. You have very nicely displayed you have no exp there. Contrary to your lame belief 7 million dollars do actually have some accountability.

Just because people make millions of dollars it doesn't mean they earn it, in fact 99.999999999 percent of the time they don't.

Shame on the teams that lose to Edmonton, Arizona, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary , Colorado Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Toronto, Florida.

#amidoingitright

Yeah and shame of teams that beat Pittsburgh, Montreal, St Louis, Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose, NY Islanders, Washington and Detroit. Canucks aren't supposed to beat Playoff teams right?

Archived