The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SPECULATION] Vancouver "would be interested" according to Freidman on Martin Hanzal.

Odd.

would not include Horvat unless OEL was involved. Something like Horvat, Tanev, Kassian, Shinkaruk for OEL, and Hanzel which would never happen anyway.

what is going on here? I am seriously confused. Are we really just going to start trading all our young guys?

So you are trading, our 2nd best d man, and two future top 6 forwards for a PP qb who is not Norris Calibre and a washed up below average 2C who has a career high of 40 points????

Hanzal would fit in great. If they want Horvat though.... Yandle, OEL or Boedker better be the main piece coming back. It probably wouldn't ever happen but I'll take any of the 4 as any of them would fit I believe.

Gaunce, Kassian, Lack, Bieksa, Higgins could I think all be used to get the process started

shinkaruk/gaunce, 3rd, and higgins is the most I'd do.

Higgins and 3rd for me.

Might not get a deal done. But Hanzal is not a priority for us.

rumor out of springfield

pulkkinen is asking for a trade

He led their AHL team in scoring, amongst tops in the league if I'm not mistaken?

That would be a more viable target than Hanzal, big time!

I would love to have Martin Hanzal as our number 2 center going forward as he is huge (6 ft 6, 230 pounds) and would be great for us when having to battle other big teams, but at the expense of Bo Horvat? Not a chance

Although Hanzal is just 27, is a big guy who can produce and in my opinion has the potential to be a number 2 center if he isn't already, Horvat is a good young player and would be stupid to trade away...every successful team has a good two way forward (LA, Chicago, Boston, etc) and Horvat has second line potential.

Although Hanzal's contract is very good considering what you get out of him, definitely not at the expense of Horvat, no way.

Why is everyone jumping down Friedmans throat

All he said was the canucks were interested in hanzel and Phoenix would be asking for a prospect like Horvat in return

Pretty straight forward comment

If you're not panicking and overreacting to every minute thing, you're not cdc'ing right.

Just thinking of our potential third line if we got Hanzal...

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Vey

Matthias - Hanzal - Kassian

Dorsett/Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Who wouldn't be foaming at the mouth at the thought of that third line?

Lol at everyone calling Hanzal a 3rd liner...

He would immediately become the teams #2 center. His got all the tools.

Maybe, he's got to earn it though. He can't just come in here and expect to be 2C.

Plus, he doesn't have to do much to outplay Bonino at this point. It would be good to have some internal competition for the 2C spot.

Why are people complaining about Rumours in the "Trades, Rumours, and Signings" section :picard: People just like to complain I suppose.

As for what Phoenix (Arizona) wants for Hanzal, no thanks. Bo has been great for us and is 19 years old. Not happening.

Yeah, I mean it's basically a price that a contending team that is just missing a bonafide 3C/solid 2C would be willing to pay, not a fringe playoff team who is rebuilding/re-tooling - whatever you may prefer to call it.

I would wager that someone pays lower to that price (still steep for a guy like Hanzal), but not us.

Archived