The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SPECULATION] Vancouver "would be interested" according to Freidman on Martin Hanzal.

Odd.

Here is a quote on the link:

“Maloney wants to beat the rush. If you make him the offer now, he will do it,” Friedman said on air. “I think Vancouver, for example, would be interested. They’re not going to pay what [Maloney] wants. I look at what Vancouver’s got, and I don’t know this for sure, but I guarantee he’s talking like [bo] Horvat and a pick. And I just don’t think the Canucks are going to do that.”

Apparently Elliotte Freidman "guarantees" that Horvat and a pick is coming their way if we were to trade for Hanzal.
Lemme just say, no way on Jupiter would I ever do that.
Flame away.
And to put this question out, would you guys trade Horvat for Hanzal?

I thought were going for a youth movement here? >25 is not that IMO. Bones is 26 and the poor guy will probably hit his prime when the team is irrelevant. Hanzal should go to a contender with what he brings and at that cap hit. Pheonix needs prospects which we should not be letting go of.

I thought were going for a youth movement here? >25 is not that IMO. Bones is 26 and the poor guy will probably hit his prime when the team is irrelevant. Hanzal should go to a contender with what he brings and at that cap hit. Pheonix needs prospects which we should not be letting go of.

Hanzal is not 25. He's 27 turning 28 in 18 days.

Wouldn't do it for that price but he'd be perfect for our centre depth.

Henrik - easy, offensive minutes.

Hanzal - shutdown minutes, big, hard minutes.

Bonino - sheltered minutes to be responsible for secondary scoring.

I think that would be great, then add a guy like Vey onto Bonino's line along with another scorer, add guys like Burrows or another shutdown guy on the 2nd line, Sedins with Vrbata, 4th line can have a Horvat/Hansen/Dorsett/Higgins/Matthias/Richardson. Get rid of some guys who just don't fill in roles and get the right guys for scoring and shutdown lines.

What's with all of these "rumours" today?

Vancouver's had a very odd schedule since mid-December.

Christmas Break + Eastern trip/early starts + all-star break + only a few games since that have been pretty dull = web traffic is down

Start some rumours, get that ad revenue back up

Hanzal is not 25. He's 27 turning 28 in 18 days.

Lol guess it wasn't clear but that's what I meant. I don't want the Canucks going after guys that are already in or are soon to hit their prime in their late 20's. We were told a youth movement was occurring and so going after guys like Hanzal makes no sense, especially if we're dealing prospects.

Archived