The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) [Mckenzie]Evander Kane Trade Possiblilities

Nessnuck27

I highly doubt we can get Kane without giving up a top prospect...our only top prospects (Horvat, Virtanen and maybe McCann). I don't think Shinkaruk and Jensen are top prospects, although they do have top 6 potential. Gaunce's future is probably a good third line center.

jensen is not a top prospect correct, jensen does not however have top 6 potential

EDIT: Gaunce does tho.

If Ryan got an A- prospect, 1st rounder at the time considered to be in the 14-24 range and a B- prospect after having 4 30 goal season in what 5 seasons? Kane should not even be close. One 30 goal season, attuide, inconsistent and showing a decline of play already and also is injury prone. Hmmm Jets would be lucky to get 40% of the Ryan package.

B- prospect, roster player and perhaps a draft pick(not 1st)

What the...? Kesler scored 40 once (15 of them on the first unit PP with Sedins in their prime). Other than that, he hasn't cracked 26.

Also, Kesler had a NTC, which drastically reduced who we could deal with (rumour is only 2 teams). That lessened his value a lot.

That said, because of all the issues here, I expect Kane to be traded for less of a return than Kesler got... ...but not much.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you meant Ryan Kesler - not Bobby Ryan.

First off, last sentence is ridiculous. What does that say about Dustin Byfuglien then. The racism in Winnipeg, which is real, is directed (unfortunately) towards the Native community, not other races. There's a huge Filipino community as well, but there has been no reported racism there. It all stems from the gangs in downtown Winnipeg; which again, is the Native community. I'm not justifying or saying the racism isn't there, but it is again (and unfortunately) on one particular sector of the population.

As for the city of Winnipeg, his attitude problems have nothing to do with the city of Winnipeg. While I agree he probably does not enjoy it, there was an very interesting discussion with several reporters on TSN 1290 earlier this week who said that not liking a city has nothing to do with how a player acts in a dressing room or on the road with your teammates. This latest run in with his teammates happened in Vancouver, it didn't happen in Winnipeg with him trashing the city or talking bad about the city.

The guy has had attitude issues going back to junior. He had locker room issues with teammates in Atlanta as well. And now it is being rumored that teams are going to try and speak with his teammates in Russia during the lockout, for which he got booted off the team, to see how he was in the dressing room there.

While I will be the first person to agree that Winnipeg is an incredibly unsexy place to live, Kane's behavioral issues are in the dressing room, which have been documented at great length, going back to him in junior. I'd be very, very careful labeling someone's childish and immature behavioral issues only being because he doesn't like the city he plays in.

I have spoken to people of various nationalities who live in Winnipeg and they have stated that they have been on the receiving end of hateful racist activity in Winnipeg.

It doesn't say much for Buff. He leaves the city for Minny as soon as he can.

Provide me with issues Kane has had since junior. Provide proof of the issues with teammates in Atlanta. Actual proof please.

I've met Kane on a few occasions at a local rink that he frequents in the off season. He is low key and friendly. Not some out of control headcase that so many of you wish he was. It is strange how so many Vancouver hockey fans have such vitriol for players to the point of infatuation.

Kane, Kassian, Lucic, and the list goes on.

The Jets GM hardly ever makes trades,so I see this going on forever (much like the Rick Nash sweepstakes a few years back)

I've said this before and I'll say this again, not making a lot of trades doesn't mean you can't make trades, or that you lack the ability to make a trade.

Aside from Kane, who exactly should Chevy have traded in the last 4 years? Byfuglien? Enstrom? Bogosian? Ladd? Little? Wheeler? Trouba? Scheifele? You're crazy if you think trading any of those players would have been beneficial for them.

Note that the trades Chevy has made, aside from giving up a 2nd round pick for Setoguchi, have all been terrific trades for them, which they have won. A third and fourth round pick for Michael Frolik. Win. A 7th round pick and the Canes to retain salary for Harrison. Win. Trading Johnny Oduya for a 2nd and 3rd round pick, which turned into Nic Petan and JC Lipon. Win. This doesn't even touch on his waiver claim of Hutchinson.

He hasn't made a significant trade because he hasn't had to. That also speaks volumes. If you think Kane will still be here long term, just because this happened to other teams (of which, you only listed one), you're kidding yourself.

When your teammates through your equipment into the shower because they don't like you, it means your gone. He wont be back next year

I don't disagree that he "shouldn't" be back next year, but I strongly question Chev's ability to make that happen.

Chev cannot lose this trade, or the fans (and likely the owners) will strap him to the light post outside the arena next time its -40 degrees. I don't think this is a trade that he can win at this point and as a result, I think there's a really strong possibility that Kane is back with the Jets next year.

Unless they fire Chev and bring in someone who's not afraid to pull the trigger and make changes!

There is a track record here of avoiding the risk of trading player for player.

What the...? Kesler scored 40 once (15 of them on the first unit PP with Sedins in their prime). Other than that, he hasn't cracked 26.

Also, Kesler had a NTC, which drastically reduced who we could deal with (rumour is only 2 teams). That lessened his value a lot.

That said, because of all the issues here, I expect Kane to be traded for less of a return than Kesler got... ...but not much.

Bobby Ryan

I don't disagree that he "shouldn't" be back next year, but I strongly question Chev's ability to make that happen.

Chev cannot lose this trade, or the fans (and likely the owners) will strap him to the light post outside the arena next time its -40 degrees. I don't think this is a trade that he can win at this point and as a result, I think there's a really strong possibility that Kane is back with the Jets next year.

Unless they fire Chev and bring in someone who's not afraid to pull the trigger and make changes!

You're wrong. The overall sentiment from fans is they want him gone. They don't care that the return is less than it was before. And the fact that it was essentially his own teammates that made the choice for him, there's no way he's back.

I have spoken to people of various nationalities who live in Winnipeg and they have stated that they have been on the receiving end of hateful racist activity in Winnipeg.

It doesn't say much for Buff. He leaves the city for Minny as soon as he can.

Provide me with issues Kane has had since junior. Provide proof of the issues with teammates in Atlanta. Actual proof please.

I've met Kane on a few occasions at a local rink that he frequents in the off season. He is low key and friendly. Not some out of control headcase that so many of you wish he was. It is strange how so many Vancouver hockey fans have such vitriol for players to the point of infatuation.

Kane, Kassian, Lucic, and the list goes on.

I've noticed that you're posts are actually not based on fact, at all. Proof alone is that Byfuglien doesn't live in Minneapolis in the summer, but 4 hours away from Winnipeg in Minnesota. Get basics right first.

I don't think there's a snowball chance in hell that Kane will play for the Jets ever again..After Kanes comments on the radio this summer,and this latest fiasco..he's gone....He should have been traded before this season started.....A major screwup by the Jets GM ..IMO

The more I read about the Jets possibly wanting McCann, Virtanen, Horvat, Shinkaruk, etc, the more I hope Benning passes on a deal. The Canucks had nothing in the prospect cupboard for a while, and are now finally filling that cupboard with some very good players. These are the guys that will take hold of the reins when the Sedins retire in a few years. To risk losing some of them for a player with attitude and injury issues, it would be a big gamble. I wish we knew exactly what Kane thinks about all of this (we'll never know though). Would he be willing to behave and be a pro if he became a Canuck? Will his career be filled with injuries? No one knows. That uncertainty would be enough for me to walk away from making a deal, unless the Jets are willing to take less than they're wanting. Can't see them doing that though, they'll want a high return for Kane. Let some other team overpay.

This deal doesn't work out for the Jets. All our prospects you want to trade like 20th overall and over. Higgins is like a 3rd liner or 2nd liner. Kane has potential to be a 1st. Also the salary for the Canucks doesn't work. I don't see the Canucks getting Kane.

One piece the Jets might want ffrom the 'Nucks, along with a young top prospect....is Jannick Hansen. He's got a fond connection to that city thru the AHL Moose & his wife's family. Hansen is also a very affordable, speedy, defensively effective & offensively streaky addition,..that plenty of play-off teams may covet for some play-off depth. Winnipeg was hoping to be one of those teams. Let's see what happens.

Not sure if this what posted yet but here's what the Jets apparently want.

Source: Botchford

Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province speculates the asking price from the Vancouver Canucks would be Bo Horvart, Jared McCann and a first-round pick, which he doesnt believe the Canucks would pay.

lmao i dont believe that's true. And LMAO at chevy if it is!

No way Kane will have that much value, for at least this trade deadline anyway.

-Injured

-Wants out

-Bad attitude, towards his teammates too

Also, WPG is pressured to make the playoffs. If they want to trade Kane this trade deadline, no way they'll get an A prospect and a 1st rounder.

Right now, Kane = Top 9 roster player, B/C prospect, and a 2nd or 3rd pick... IMO

Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province speculates the asking price from the Vancouver Canucks would be Bo Horvart, Jared McCann and a first-round pick, which he doesn’t believe the Canucks would pay.

Vancouver counters with Higgins, McCann, 2015 2nd, 2016 2nd

Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province speculates the asking price from the Vancouver Canucks would be Bo Horvart, Jared McCann and a first-round pick, which he doesn’t believe the Canucks would pay.

Why don't we toss in Rogers Arena to sweeten the deal a bit..?

All he has to do is not do what the flames did with Dion. He needs a player coming back that will still have an impact on the team 4 years from now.

There is a ton of risk of this going sideways for them. An A-prospect or 1st round pick helps that reduce that risk. Or a 1 for 1 deal with a players having similar skill level coming back. A deal like this has to address the future roster more than the now, so that's why a deal like higgin's Kassian and a second will not cut it. 4 years from now, the jets could be saying "who did we get back for Kane".

With that being said, there will be a team willing to give that up for him. But i don't see it happening until off season. But I do see it happening... and to a team in the east. Boston, Caps even the Islanders could be looking at getting him.

Botch is talking trash once again...that's 3 1st round picks. Who in recent history garnered 3 1st rnd picks? Not even Kessel got 3 1st rounders who had a 36goal season before he got traded! And at that time people that was crazy.

Archived