The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] MLSE approves major Leafs rebuild; "Mr.Phaneuf & Mr.Kessel are not in the plan"

I fully agree I have been watching the Canucks forabout 38 years when I was a very young kid.I have always cheered the canucks and follow weather we are doing good or bad.We have made it to the cup 3 times and threw that have had many bad years but always have players to cheer for including one of my favorite players tiger Williams,Lindens full career and so on.I liked that Naslund could score but as a leader and office player never liked him as he shyed away from interviews or kept things short so don't like that his number is retired at all.Saying that I still cheered for the canucks and will and I am not a bangwagon type of fan like some!

I've watched the Canucks for 24 years. Mind you I was 2 when I started watching. But I really loved Nazzy as a leader. Perhaps its because I wanted to emulate him as a teenager. Loved how he would always do the end of year speech. Regardless though glad your a fan and have been supportive of this team for so long. I am excited for what all of our rebuilding Canadian teams can do in the next decade. :D

Ugh, whey did MLSE need to make this announcement? Three quarters of the stories on the Sportsnet site now are about potential Leaf trades or the one trade they did make. Guess we have that to look forward to that for the next five years. And take down that Connor McDavid clip already. I'm sure he'd be honoured to play for a lot of teams.

Ugh, whey did MLSE need to make this announcement? Three quarters of the stories on the Sportsnet site now are about potential Leaf trades or the one trade they did make. Guess we have that to look forward to that for the next five years. And take down that Connor McDavid clip already. I'm sure he'd be honoured to play for a lot of teams.

I agree. They never fail to do the stupidest things where broadcasting all their intentions are concerned.

What a gong show situation they create for their coach, with certain players named that know they are on the out and waiting for the hammer to fall.

They also spill all their own blood in the water, creating a media feeding frenzy at their own expense.

They just have no concept of prudence or discretion. They show their hand like amateurs.

Baffling how such a kagillion dollar franchise can handle situations like this with such utter incompetence.

do you think Kessel would consent to going to Carolina?

According to Nonis, the Leafs have a list of teams they can trade him to, but it's hard to imagine Carolina being on anyone's list. (anyone not named Staal, that is)

Maybe the 'Canes could talk the Leafs into taking Semin for Kessel. My problem for your problem...

$20 says Vancouver makes a move on Phaneuf with all their D injuries lol

not bloody likely

fix a 6 week problem

with a 6 year albatross contract

and a diminishing asset

then we may as well trade the twins for kessel and phaneuf

convert toronto`s rebuild into a retool

edit: or kessel, phaneuf and clarkson, for twins and burrows.. :towel:

I'd take Phaneuf if they're keeping at least 2.5 Mill - 3mill of cap :)

They only have to keep $2 million of his cap for me to be interested :rolleyes:

Maybe he isn't Captain or first pairing material, but at $5 million he is a pretty damn good 2nd pairing guy.

I deeply suspect that we aren't on his trade list and would prefer to live in obscurity in California.

If I’m TO, I don’t go full rebuild, I just do major retooling. I do go hard after a player like Eric Staal, He’s the first line center that teams been needing since Sundin left.

Kadri, Gardiner to Car for Staal, (He’s UFA next year),

Clarkson (retain 15%), Jokenin to Bruins for Kelly, Bartkowski

Dion to Av’s for O’Reilly

Bozak, Reimer to Arizona for Yandel

Kessel, Winnik to the Isles for Reinhart, Grabner, & Dal Colle.

$20 says Vancouver makes a move on Phaneuf with all their D injuries lol

Not a chance, I'll take that bet as well.

Who would you trade for him? Horvat? Virtanen? 2015 1st? The discussion starts with those guys. Toronto doesn't want anyone else, none of our aging guys, they are going all in on full rebuild. They want 18 - 22 year old talent back, period.

So, unless you are willing to package any 2 of those guys to get him, the discussion doesn't happen.

Archived