The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Desirable NHL City?

Seeker1

Wait what... How is Vancouver not first by a land slide?

New York weather is horrible

California weather is horrible

Both cities are crime riddled and bad for raising a family. Vancouver should be first. Less tax than both those cities too for their income window.

Some people like New York/California weather and hate Vancouver weather. Vancouver has its fair share of undesirable traits as well. I agree with you and Vancouver would be my first choice, but so many people have this idea that "X city is better than Y" when it depends completely on you, as different people have different values for places to live.

Both cities are crime riddled and bad for raising a family. Vancouver should be first. Less tax than both those cities too for their income window.

What? California has a much better weather than Vancouver, not sure what you are talking about. Also, if you are a multimillionaire, you would live in the rich, gated areas and much better areas than the ghettos where there is crime. Beverley Hills. CA, Manhattan NY, Malibu CA, Westchester NY, Newport Coast CA etc. Vancouver also has negatives such as high taxes, high priced properties, lack of night life, constant rain except for summer time.

Doesn't make sense... They must have no brains. It's repeatedly named one of the most livable cities on earth.

Hmmm I doubt it if you're making 1+ million. It might just apply to the everyday average Joe making 5 figures.

A lot of cities will be liveable when you make millions. When you can buy a castle in Newport beach and send your kids to a private school and hang around with celebrities in a secluded beach, am not sure how Vancouver would become more liveable than that. Maybe its the most liveable for the middle class who can afford things in Vancouver. For the poor and the rich, I guess there are other places that could be more viable.

newport-beach-500x233.jpg

Vancouver just seems too overrated when it comes to the most liveable city in the world and Vancouverites seem to be labelled as more pretentious because of that.

California has waaay better weather than we do. We get like 2-3 months of sun and then rain for the rest of the year. Crime isn't a problem at all if you are rich, plus per capita wise they probably aren't even much ahead of us if any.

For me it would be:

LA

NYC

San Jose

Monreal

Chicago

Florida

Dallas

Vancouver

Toronto

California has waaay better weather than we do. We get like 2-3 months of sun and then rain for the rest of the year. Crime isn't a problem at all if you are rich, plus per capita wise they probably aren't even much ahead of us if any.

For me it would be:

LA

NYC

San Jose

Monreal

Chicago

Florida

Dallas

Vancouver

Toronto

Good.

Too much sun = more cancer

Too much sun = more sweating when you're working in a suit

Vancouver > any other nhl city.

Good.

LOL that is rich. Most work places requiring their employees dressed in a suit in Cali or Florida would likely have air conditioning in their office. Vans a great city, I liked it there, but take off your homer goggles, there are lots of reasons to live in about any city or town in North America. Heck I actually enjoyed Inuvik when I worked there.

Think about it. A mansion in LA that costs $1 million USD is equivalent to a condo in downtown Vancouver. I rather have a huge house than a small condo. Granted, the scenery and beauty of LA is nowhere close to Vancouver but I rather live in a house than a condo. Just my two cents

If I was an NHLer and had the luxory of choosing my team, Id choose whoever I thought had the best chance of winning the cup. With one exception, Detroit, because, for some reason I really hate the Red Wings, they are about the only team in the league I legitimmitly hate.

Good.

Yeah cause the cancer rate is so much higher in LA than here right? California has less melanoma deaths and cases per capita than Colorado does. You have no idea what you are talking about. I know you are a huge homer Apollo and thats fine but try to use reality to back your points up.

LOL that is rich. Most work places requiring their employees dressed in a suit in Cali or Florida would likely have air conditioning in their office. Vans a great city, I liked it there, but take off your homer goggles, there are lots of reasons to live in about any city or town in North America. Heck I actually enjoyed Inuvik when I worked there.

good luck with that one

Archived