The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This deserves a wider audience. Virtanen's epic hit.

alfstonker

I have been really excited about Virtanen... I think we got the best player out of the 2014 draft.

At the same time, I am really hoping the kid doesn't injure himself again... we need him for his offensive skills as well.

No way you can continue to hit like this and not get injured.

Hope he gets the word from the Canucks to be a little more restrained.

I was thinking the same thing. Hard to tell a guy not to play hard, but I would be happier if Virtanen played a lower impact game while in Junior.

Not a slight at Burrows, just look at the numbers. Higgins has more points than Burrows playing a lesser role. He gets paid about two million less than Burrows and has better underlying numbers. He knows his role, plays it to a tee and is a great third liner.

Not a slight at Burrows, just look at the numbers. Higgins has more points than Burrows playing a lesser role. He gets paid about two million less than Burrows and has better underlying numbers. He knows his role, plays it to a tee and is a great third liner.

You look at the numbers. Higgins has '1' more point than Burrows, so basically the same. But wait, he has scored the same number of points but played 8 more games than Burrows. But wait, he has scored almost half the goals of Burrows. But wait, his shooting % is a pathetic 5.0 vs. Burrows of 10.8, less than half. Oh and BTW, Higgins plays more minutes than Burrows per game played, so not sure how he plays a lesser role unless you mean he provides less contribution to the team than Burrows for minutes played [Higgins 950 minutes vs. Burrows 808].

So exactly what numbers are you looking at. Burrows by a landslide . . . . .

Hard to comprehend the sheer physics involved with such a hit..this was the kind of occurrence you MIGHT have expected with a Lindros(in his youth), for example. Considering how(25 yrs back) the Eastern media touted "The Next One".

I don't recall ever seeing a puck carrier instigating(insisting upon!:^) the opponents line-change.. before seeing this.

I went down to Renton and watched this game, he had a goal and and assists as well as a fight that got broken up before they got going too much... Was also the first star of the game.

Was a great game to watch if your a virt fan.

Clearly Hauf is not a good bodychecker, going into that hit with his body so high.

Good on Virtanen for recognizing that and creating an opportunity out of it.

I would have been happier if he'd found a way to step around Hauf and create a scoring chance, but the play he made is still a good one.

Wonder why he's not getting the love from the Hitmen coaching staff?

Archived