The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hawks and Caps talking Sharp trade

Bobby_Lu1ngo

Sharp has really nosedived from last year, if Chicago can actually get some valuable assets, wow.

Sharp's getting old, i don't think this is an off-year, i mean he's only going to get worse at 33. Watch the Hawks get a top prospect and pick though <_<

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Sharp

This would instantly be one of the deadliest, if not the deadliest line in the league. A first line RW is what WSH has needed for years. Ovechkin isn't grttig any younger at 29, and Green's future in WSH isn't looking promising. If I'm Washington, I'd certainly pay up, becasue their young stars, aren't so 'young' anymore.

I wonder if something like Wilson straight up for Sharp wouldn't make sense for both teams. Maybe even for Ward and another piece instead.

Especially if the rumours of them also being in on Kessel are true. Give up TT, Raanta, 1st for Kessel and Reimer. With Sharp gone and Kane on LTIR they could find the room, I think.

I wonder if something like Wilson straight up for Sharp wouldn't make sense for both teams. Maybe even for Ward and another piece instead.

Especially if the rumours of them also being in on Kessel are true. Give up TT, Raanta, 1st for Kessel and Reimer. With Sharp gone and Kane on LTIR they could find the room, I think.

Sharp proposal is solid but no way in hell they'd move for Kessel. Not like he's an expiring

Sharp proposal is solid but no way in hell they'd move for Kessel. Not like he's an expiring

It depends.

If they get Wilson then sending Bickell back the other way is easier. That makes it more palatable.

Toronto may understand that taking a guy like Bickell is a necessity. Easier to swallow for them too since they just moved Clarkson.

I wouldn't give up on TT for Kessel. Nonis is crazy if he thinks they can get an elite prospect, a decent goalie prospect, and a 1st for Kessel. It's like Luongo situation, everyone knows that you want to unload this guy, Chicago knows this, so they won't pay that price. Like Nonis said when a certain team tried to trade their #1 goalie, no team wants to take on that disgusting contract, the term and the dollar figure is just way too long and big of a risk, especially for Chicago.

It depends.

If they get Wilson then sending Bickell back the other way is easier. That makes it more palatable.

Toronto may understand that taking a guy like Bickell is a necessity. Easier to swallow for them too since they just moved Clarkson.

Bickell is gone regardless after this year. Sharp as well. The Hawks won't be able to afford Kessel after this year with kaner back. I think they'd rather let Teuvo And Hartman grow into roles

I wouldn't give up on TT for Kessel. Nonis is crazy if he thinks they can get an elite prospect, a decent goalie prospect, and a 1st for Kessel. It's like Luongo situation, everyone knows that you want to unload this guy, Chicago knows this, so they won't pay that price. Like Nonis said when a certain team tried to trade their #1 goalie, no team wants to take on that disgusting contract, the term and the dollar figure is just way too long and big of a risk, especially for Chicago.

I get all that. I was just throwing it out there for conversation starting purposes.

Although I think you're wrong about TT and Raanta. I believe both players are out of favour with Coach Q and this is one of their windows to win again. I think they have their eye on the prize for the next couple of seasons.

I suppose they might not get both TT and a 1st, even though it'll be very low again, but Raanta, TT/1st, Bickell, and another prospect for Kessel and Reimer seems within the realm of possibility to me.

I get all that. I was just throwing it out there for conversation starting purposes.

Although I think you're wrong about TT and Raanta. I believe both players are out of favour with Coach Q and this is one of their windows to win again. I think they have their eye on the prize for the next couple of seasons.

I suppose they might not get both TT and a 1st, even though it'll be very low again, but Raanta, TT/1st, Bickell, and another prospect for Kessel and Reimer seems within the realm of possibility to me.

First year In North america... Difference between being out of favour and letting guys develop.

Bickell is gone regardless after this year. Sharp as well. The Hawks won't be able to afford Kessel after this year with kaner back. I think they'd rather let Teuvo And Hartman grow into roles

Hartman, I agree. TT, I don't. Hartman is a Q type guy and he'll find a role quickly for cheap. McNeill and Danault aren't far behind anyway. TT i don't see being in the plan. I'm likely wrong but that's my feeling.

That's why moving Bickell in a deal for Kessel would make sense from a Hawks perspective, and maybe T.O.'s too. They have a $4.0 mil cap hit for him for the next two years anyway so Kessel only amounts to a $ 4 mil per increase.

Remember that in the scenario I just presented that they moved Sharp for Wilson so they cut salary there. Timmonen retires. Bickell is gone. Maybe Oduya too. They might be able to make that cap space work… without Reimer.

I don't know. It's TDL…. anything could happen.

First year In North america... Difference between being out of favour and letting guys develop.

That would be usually true and I'd be the first to acknowledge that.

I actually think there's more there though than that.

Let's just say I would not be at all shocked if he and Raanta are moved this TDL to improve the immediate on-ice product.

So I'm confused.

How does dumping Sharp coincide with trading for Timonen?

One is going for it, the other fixing their cap and trading for futures (Wilson).

I LOVE Wilson, have him in two keeper pools. But Sharp >>> Wilson... Or > Johansen. Just trying to see logic behind the Black Hawk side. Seems a perfect deal for summer?

Archived