The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) Horvat for rookie of the year?

Scorvat

Now in reality the most likely to win the rookie of the year is Forsburg or Ekblad. Thats only because of the points their putting up. Ekblad has exeptional numbers for a rookie Dman and Forsburg is just sniping goals like their nothing. But i think Horvat has to be SERIOUSLY considered for rookie of the year.

1. He is VERY good at FOs

2. He is always making smart plays with and without the puck.

3. He is arguably the most complete player on our team

4. He is scoring A LOT of timely goals. Very clutch

5. He makes very smart passes off the rush.

6. Barely and i mean barely makes mistakes. ( i say barely because i cant view all games. But the games i have watch i NEVER seen him make a mistake. But im sure he does which is why i say barely)

Im sure you get it. I honestly believe we have a superstar in Horvat. He is the most responsible 19 year old in the NHL. If the devils knew then what they know now it would have taken a lot more than just Schnieder to get Horvat.

Personally wben its all said and done i believe Ekblad will get it. But come on, Bo has atleast have to be considered.

Had he been producing the way he has been the past few months all year, than maybe. However, the fact is he is still a bottom 6 player for us, but guys like Gaudreau, Forsberg, and Ekblad are playing top 6/top 4 minutes for their teams and in general contributing more as of now. If I was building a team, I'd still take Horvat before Gaudreau and maybe even Forsberg though.

Had he been producing the way he has been the past few months all year, than maybe. However, the fact is he is still a bottom 6 player for us, but guys like Gaudreau, Forsberg, and Ekblad are playing top 6/top 4 minutes for their teams and in general contributing more as of now. If I was building a team, I'd still take Horvat before Gaudreau and maybe even Forsberg though.

Which means he plays less minutes. Itd be intersting to see how Bo lines up against forsburg with points per 60 minutes played now that i think of it.

He is deffiently a captain in the making. Him and Virtanen on a line is going to be great to watch

I think he is like 17th in rookie scoring this year. He isn't even our top scoring rookie this year, any guesses which rookie has more points??

Having said that, he is awesome, and will continue to be awesome. But he will not be in the talk for rookie of the year.

Doesn't matter about the accolade, he is playing far better than I could have hoped this year, for once I look at our prospects and am super excited about the Canucks in the near future

As fans we know what he has contributed to the team, and while he is not putting up staggering numbers like Ekblad, he is no doubt a strong contributing factor to our wins

Yeah, can't really see Bo winning the Calder.

If he's played the way he's been playing recently all year, then maybe (and with that, a top six role). but he's playing bottom six minutes, and he's also being sheltered from top lines. so doubt that he'll win ROTY

It should be Ekblad. As an 18 year old what he is doing is ridiculous. Forsberg will probably win it because rarely do defenceman win and his numbers speak for themselves but I'm all about that Ekblad boss..

If he's played the way he's been playing recently all year, then maybe (and with that, a top six role). but he's playing bottom six minutes, and he's also being sheltered from top lines. so doubt that he'll

Sheltered from top lines? Doesn't he play against most of the top lines?

If he's played the way he's been playing recently all year, then maybe (and with that, a top six role). but he's playing bottom six minutes, and he's also being sheltered from top lines. so doubt that he'll win ROTY

True. But I wouldn't call him sheltered. At least not recently. He gets called on for key face offs and matching guys like Toews and Thronton.

Forsberg or Gaudreau will win it. My votes on Gaudreau.

I've seen a lot of people saying Ekblad should win it but Dallas has a defenseman, John Klingberg, who pretty much has the same stats as Ekblad, but in 13 fewer games.

Klingberg is three years older than Ekblad, not exactly a fair comparison.

Archived