The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What happened to Prab Rai ?

bohonos76

What ever happened to Prab Rai?

A Gillis draft pick in 2008, he was supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd East Indian player to ever suit up in the NHL (from memory) and the one and only since Robin Bawa to suit up for the Canucks !!

The guy had speed... I think he lit it up on the Thunderbirds... and was from Surrey to boot !! (Go figure)

So a local BC draft pick from the Gillis regime.

But I can't see him on the Comets roster at all, is he buried in the ECHL somewhere?

I vaguely do remember him doing well at the young starts camp at one time.

The Praber was supposed to have some serious potentional !

Was he the one who got smoked by a car on Granville street or was that just some random defencemen?

Did he just end up rolling with the wrong crowd or something?

I can't find any information on him... it's like he vanished off of the face of this earth???

Is everything ok with Prab Rai ????

post-37604-0-98442800-1426066331_thumb.j

The last thing I remember was him complaining that he wasn't getting enough ice time on the Cougars and then got traded to the Thunderbirds.

Wikipedia says he's retired from hockey, and HockeyDB stats seem to support this (last two teams were ECHL and it says he's no longer on the roster).

EDIT: The guy who got hit by a car downtown was Yann Sauve

I know his cousin/nephew(Can't recall the correct relation) Justin Rai plays for the BCHL's Prince George Spruce Kings; http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&playerID=938352&teamID=408655&pos=F

They're about to enter Round 2 of the BCHL playoffs against the Chilliwack Chiefs, puck drops for game 1 on Friday @ Prospera Center in Chilliwack. :P

Was he the one who got smoked by a car on Granville street or was that just some random defencemen?

That was Sauve but Rai was involved in a car accident and wasn't qualified by the Canucks.....

Rai has shown flashes of potential in the preseason and in the Young Stars Tournament, but hasn’t been unable to overcome a back injury stemming from a car accident in 2010. He has managed to play in only 51 professional games during his three years in the organization.

http://thecanuckway.com/2013/07/02/canucks-do-not-qualify-joslin-rai-and-schneider/

What ever happened to Prab Rai?

A Gillis draft pick in 2008, he was supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd East Indian player to ever suit up in the NHL (from memory) and the one and only since Robin Bawa to suit up for the Canucks !!

The guy had speed... I think he lit it up on the Thunderbirds... and was from Surrey to boot !! (Go figure)

So a local BC draft pick from the Gillis regime.

But I can't see him on the Comets roster at all, is he buried in the ECHL somewhere?

I vaguely do remember him doing well at the young starts camp at one time.

The Praber was supposed to have some serious potentional !

Did he just end up rolling with the wrong crowd or something?

I can't find any information on him... it's like he vanished off of the face of this earth???

Is everything ok with Prab Rai ????

Can't tell if actually did a google search or just trying to bash Gillis by pointing out a draft pick fail.

The last thing I remember was him complaining that he wasn't getting enough ice time on the Cougars and then got traded to the Thunderbirds.

Wikipedia says he's retired from hockey, and HockeyDB stats seem to support this (last two teams were ECHL and it says he's no longer on the roster).

EDIT: The guy who got hit by a car downtown was Yann Sauve

prab WAS in a car accident before his first ECHL season. totaled his brand new ride if i remember correctly (same summer that yann got hit by a car). he was never the same.

Saw him making a mean Samosa on 70th and 128th.

That's a bit racist AriGold. Not super cool.

I played Spring hockey against him and his brother after he was drafted. Good speed and hands but he didn't give me the sense of NHL calibre.

That's a bit racist AriGold. Not super cool.

I played Spring hockey against him and his brother after he was drafted. Good speed and hands but he didn't give me the sense of NHL calibre.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember somebody on CDC saying his family owns a restaurant on 70th and 128th..

Hence the joke..

I know his cousin/nephew(Can't recall the correct relation) Justin Rai plays for the BCHL's Prince George Spruce Kings; http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&playerID=938352&teamID=408655&pos=F

They're about to enter Round 2 of the BCHL playoffs against the Chilliwack Chiefs, puck drops for game 1 on Friday @ Prospera Center in Chilliwack. :P

he's going to be teammates with Ben Hutton next year at Maine.

Archived