The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Again, I have to say how impressed I was by Hammer in that fight. He definitely got rocked a few times but he gave as good as he got. After that first couple of punches hit him, Hamhuis was ducking pretty much every punch Vorachek threw. Not bad for a guy who almost never drops the gloves!!

As much of a Burrows-hater I've been in the past, he stepped up when needed tonight. The top line was buzzing all night long, the Sedins were sharp the entire game and Burrows gets in the right position for both his big goals. That trio are a lot more dangerous scoring off the rush like they did tonight, and need to try and do it more often as opposed to concealing themselves to the cycle game. IMO Kassian fits the cycle mould better, but Burrows is far more dangerous than Kassian when the 3 of them are on the rush.

Second line was alright tonight, had some big chances but couldn't finish until the empty net. Bonino was pretty useless and is slowly becoming one of our worst forwards.

Third line was fantastic again. Horvat, Hansen and Kenins did make some rookie mistakes like the bad penalty near the end of the game, and the Kenins drop-pass (really not that big a deal), but they do so much more good than bad. Hansen is the veteran on that line and he's playing like one now, with so much more confidence than he ever has before. He's using his skating to his advantage now, taking guys wide and beating them just about every time. In the past he used to skate around and hold onto the puck too long, but now he's firing off shots and generating chances at the right time. Hansen deserves more credit, he's probably this team's unsung hero and does all the little things right, now Horvat and Kenins are learning from him. That trio has been our most consistent line all season long and generate more chances than any of our other lines - they could have had 2 goals tonight easily.

Fourth line was pretty decent too. Higgins and Richardson have some nice chemistry and that was a sick assist by Richardson on the Edler goal. He's putting up some big points for a 3rd/4th line center this year, and it'll be a tough decision to re-sign him or not at the end of the year. We do have Horvat/Gaunce/Cassels/McCann down the middle who can replace his minutes in the future, but right now he's probably better than Bonino.

Our defence looked very good tonight. Bad play by Sbisa on Raffl's goal but he didn't have too many embarassing giveaways tonight, and the team shutdown (for the most part) one of the NHL's best forward lines. Edler and Tanev are amazing together and definately shouldn't be separated, and Alex Edler took over the game tonight when we were down a goal. His equalizer followed by that brilliant stretch pass to Daniel Sedin essentially won us the game, plus he was a rock defensively. He had a few shaky games since coming back from injury but looks like he's back now.

I still like Danny Boy for Pat.

Great job Canucks.

I love Danny Boy too...but it's better to reflect on the life of the Mighty Quinn than to mourn his loss....

Pat Quinn's memory will live on in Vancouver for decades to come.

Guest Dasein

Nice to see Burr lighting it up again. WD now can mix sedins with Kass, Vrbata or Burr depending on situation.

I like that we can mix and match depending on the opponent or who's going on the RW

Should come in handy in the playoffs

Archived