The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm enjoying the 2 points stolen from the Kings in a 4 point game, but anyone defending the powerplay with phrases such as "enjoy the win" is living in a dreamland.

The only thing that will save us from our own dismal powerplay in the playoffs will be stellar goaltending, which we definitely got tonight.

Absolutely pathetic. Until the Sedins buy into the team it will suffer. But we win on PK, even though the Sedins are delusional I'm sure.

Actually the best special teams play was Daniel's hand block.

Weber shoots...blocked

Edler shoots...wide

Vrbata shoots...scores!

Sums our PP this season :P

Are you trying suggest we have players that get puck on net from the back. Ludicrous. :)

wow the race is closer than i thought.

You gotta give Bettman a bit of credit for the parity today with his insistence on a salary cap.

But of course, that was just when the Canucks finally had an owner with deep pockets. (Both McCaw and Aquilini) The Canucks would probably be the one of the highest payroll teams today without a cap, being one of the most lucrative.

Need the Jets to make the final wildcard to take out or at least rough up the Ducks.

The Jets are one team that should be putting a big fear into any of the top tier teams that may face them. They remind me of the 2011 bruins goon squad. Big D, Big fast forwards.... and all the lines can punish you. Even if you beat them in the first round it will likely have a high cost on your team in terms of bumps, bruises and injuries.

Can we please thread ban anyone who says someone played terrible against the Kings? This was a team effort, there was no weak links and everyone played exceptionally well. God some people are just never happy.

Thread ban yourself, or nevermind in the first place.

There is a major difference between between an anti-homer, and being able to discuss the legitimate deficiencies in our team game.

Please, you were saying?

Thread ban yourself, or nevermind in the first place.

There is a major difference between between an anti-homer, and being able to discuss the legitimate deficiencies in our team game.

Please, you were saying?

I know inner peace is tough but I just watched Kung Fu Panda 2?

So I've started my tradition early this year in hopes of a positive return.

Back during the '94 run, I had all these different superstitions (not srs, but I did them every game nonetheless). I added a car flag for each playoff win and I put up one new Canuck "decoration" (poster, stick, etc.) as well.

So this year, I'm bringing out the big guns. May I suggest you all do the same.

I know it's not officially playoffs, but we know how that can go. So I'm doing my part (now). To be effective, you must also stand and shout at your TVs throughout the entire game.

For this (huge) game:

I used my Trevor Linden beer cooler (yes I had an afternoon beer, never you mind...some things call for it).

I brought out my pic of my Mom in her skate logo Canucks' jacket.

And I lined mascots up in front of the TV.

I will add things each game throughout the duration of the season. In '94, my living room was plastered and I had a huge Orca logo on my front/bay window. Let's do this, fans. Get it started.

You know when you have Ninja turtles, Spice Girls and Power Rangers on your side, you're bound to win.

SDC16849_zpskodoujdg.jpg

My battery was nearly dead and it's a little blurry. But this is what must be done. If you're a hockey lunatic, like me.

Thanks for putting up with me. (Kings didn't even stand a chance).

Weber shoots...blocked

Edler shoots...wide

Vrbata shoots...scores!

Sums our PP this season :P

Think about how many more powerplay goals we'd have if our D could just get the puck through.

The biggest weakness isn't the Sedins passing too much, it's the D shooting it right at the other teams shin pads.

Welcome loser brigade.

Nice goal Jackets.

Haha, we should make a new rule where you're banned next game if you're wrong.

Haha!!!! you guys are hilarious!!!!

I predicted a loss against a team we've lost to like 800 times? Shoot me.

Anyways great to see a win and I'm glad they proved me wrong.

Absolutely pathetic. Until the Sedins buy into the team it will suffer. But we win on PK, even though the Sedins are delusional I'm sure.

Actually the best special teams play was Daniel's hand block.

Are you trying suggest we have players that get puck on net from the back. Ludicrous. :)

I'd say Eddie Lack was our best powerplayer tonight.

3 short handed breakaways.

great win for the nucks, great game for lack. Crappy games by our offense.. 42 shots.. 2 goals only on quick.. the other 2 are empty net.. and our powerplay as usual is terrible.. no movement.. no rotation.. always the same cycle to the point and hope ur shots gets thru.. it's terrible to watch..

Your words are terrible to hear.

Winning hockey is a beautiful thing to watch and it takes on many forms. Canucks were playing the LA Kings for frack sakes. Obviously you don't know sh*t from apples when it comes to hockey.

They beat the Stanley friggen Cup champs in their own barn, in a must win game for both teams, and they get 42 shots.

Somehow that's not enough for you?

Go watch NBA basketball if you need to see lots of points.

Archived