The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Ive been a big fan of this team for over 30 years and I thought they were going to lose. Its not like i was pulling that sentiment out of my rear, they have a horrid record against the kings the past couple years. When things started to look the same at the start of the game I admit I didnt have faith, based on precedent....

dont know why we should apologize to anyone for being passionate fans!

This. Really didn't expect a win after what went down last game.

As much as I hate them, its obvious that the Kings are a good team. 2 cups in the past few years, always looking like a threat when its crunch time.

Imagine them missing the playoffs ....and then getting another great (top half of the first round) draft pick....

"If he wanted it, I would have gone after him for sure.."

I love Lack!!!!!

The Canucks will still have to move one of their three goalies before next year -- Miller, Lack or Markstrom. But if Lack is traded I expect to see "Fire Benning" signs outside Rogers Arena.

(Actually, there is not much chance Eddie is going anywhere. I hope Markstrom plays well enough so that the Canucks can get a reasonable draft pick for him -- maybe a 2nd rounder.)

I'm enjoying the 2 points stolen from the Kings in a 4 point game, but anyone defending the powerplay with phrases such as "enjoy the win" is living in a dreamland.

The only thing that will save us from our own dismal powerplay in the playoffs will be stellar goaltending, which we definitely got tonight.

Great effort by the Canucks. As others have said, one of the best efforts by Vey, .... hopefully more to come. But what has happened to Hamhuis. I thought last game was one of his worst, but tonight he was terrible. Brutal give-aways, taking far too long to make decisions that are causing all kinds of problems.

But by far the biggest single bright light for the year has been Horvat. He is the first major piece of the building blocks for years to come !

Can we please thread ban anyone who says someone played terrible against the Kings? This was a team effort, there was no weak links and everyone played exceptionally well. God some people are just never happy.

For all the people who wanted Edler traded last year.

Vs Kings: 1 powerplay point, +2, 8 shots, 6 Hits.

Eat It.

Not sure many people wanted to trade Edler (apart from the usual trolls).

Most people expected him to have a big bounce back this when we replaced Bozo the Clown with an actual head coach.

But he has been even better than I expected.

(And Tanev has been good, but the people who say that Tanev is the team's best D are sorely mistaken. Edler has the kind of complete game that is rare on D.)

I'm hoping for a WPG win for two reasons. It keeps LA on the outside, so they can't squeak in via wildcard. Also, want to see more Canadian teams in this year.

On that note, go Ottawa! Same thing, keep the Bruins out and squeak past them!

Don't want Ottawa to make it cause they are the kryptonjte of my third favourite team, the habs. If these two meet Sens will win..

Archived