The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wow, I Never Thought That I Would Be Temporarily Ashamed To Be A Sabres Fan

That is pretty low. If you are a fan of your team, you don't do this. Just to spite them, I hope the bouncing balls bounce the wrong way and they get like 3rd or 4th pick. That would be fitting.

The last place team can finish no lower than the 2nd pick in the draft. The new rules don't kick in until next year.

Which is more shameful: being honest about your hopes for the season, or putting down others for their actions which you inwardly agree with?

Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. Also, not many agree with their actions. Like Toews said earlier in the thread, "I have no problem with fans cheering for the tank, do it from the couch at home not in your own barn."

You and whoever +1'd you will learn and understand some day that there's a time and a place where certain things should and shouldn't be done.

You know, there is nothing more demoralizing to a player then having your own fans turn on you. I remember back when Lu came to town, and the idiots at Rogers cheered louder for him than their own team, the same fans who cheered when he was yanked. It's demoralizing to these guys, especially when you're already as low as Buffalo. The fans should be ashamed.

We mean when we cheered for one of, if not the most beloved player this team has had in the last decade? On a night when the crowd was filled to the brim with jerseys bearing his name?

Get over yourself and your martyr complex.

Don't worry sabre1 we will support you and when your team starts to turn it around make sure you tell us.

Your team is rebuilding the right way (at the right time -unlike the oilers who picked the worst years to tank and in 2013 when they could have got Jones and last year when they could have got Ekblad, they don't as in if they tanked to get first overall those years instead of 2010-2012 ). Its all about timing and you guys got right ;at the very least get Eichel.

Your team will turn it around and when it does you will forget this ever happened.

I can't really blame the fans when the team has been tanking so obviously. The fans are just along for the ride. I'm still disgusted with Sabres management however. If only they could be magically bumped to select 30th overall.

Don't worry sabre1 we will support you and when your team starts to turn it around make sure you tell us.

Your team is rebuilding the right way (at the right time -unlike the oilers who picked the worst years to tank and in 2013 when they could have got Jones and last year when they could have got Ekblad, they don't as in if they tanked to get first overall those years instead of 2010-2012 ). Its all about timing and you guys got right ;at the very least get Eichel.

Your team will turn it around and when it does you will forget this ever happened.

If Hall, Nuge and Yakupov weren't drafted into the cesspool that is Edmonton they'd likely be elite players by now.

Sabres fans are awesome, like honestly. They're embracing the tank so much it just shines how much they want to lose to succeed. Check out the responses on the Sabres official Twitter:

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/582726856144748544

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/582745428942282752

:lol:

Sabres fans are awesome, like honestly. They're embracing the tank so much it just shines how much they want to lose to succeed. Check out the responses on the Sabres official Twitter:

Ugh...

Seriously.

it's a slap in the face to fans of the sport, and the spirit of competition itself.

We fans pay huge dollars to see teams compete, not lose. The very fact that Murray all but stated he was willingly selling off assets to ensure a better draft position is disgusting.

The only thing worse is how the league KNOWS Buffalo Toronto and Arizona all did just that as well as making very questionable roster and playing decisions to further their odds of getting a better draft position and is doing and will do nothing about it.

This is the same kind of evil as match fixing period.

You're going to draft these kids and they're going to KNOW for a fact that they're going to a team that will willingly suck for an entire season just to get what they want.

As a fan of the sport I sincerely hope that Eichel McDavid and hanifin are all grade A daigles in this league, I hope they bust harder and faster than Salo's body or Booths ankle on any given day.

Seriously cannot state enough just how disgusted I am at this knowing how much frigging cash i spend just to go to a game knowing just how hard these players and prospects work to be competitive.

Ugh...

Seriously.

it's a slap in the face to fans of the sport, and the spirit of competition itself.

We fans pay huge dollars to see teams compete, not lose. The very fact that Murray all but stated he was willingly selling off assets to ensure a better draft position is disgusting.

The only thing worse is how the league KNOWS Buffalo Toronto and Arizona all did just that as well as making very questionable roster and playing decisions to further their odds of getting a better draft position and is doing and will do nothing about it.

This is the same kind of evil as match fixing period.

You're going to draft these kids and they're going to KNOW for a fact that they're going to a team that will willingly suck for an entire season just to get what they want.

As a fan of the sport I sincerely hope that Eichel McDavid and hanifin are all grade A daigles in this league, I hope they bust harder and faster than Salo's body or Booths ankle on any given day.

Seriously cannot state enough just how disgusted I am at this knowing how much frigging cash i spend just to go to a game knowing just how hard these players and prospects work to be competitive.

Different people will have different opinions.

I agree it is sad to see these teams selling off all their assets to lose as much as possible but let's be realistic here, you and I would try to do the same thing if we were in their positions.

It's the worst teams in the league, no way you can pull off a retool or anything and get lucky. Has to be a full on rebuild with the look of those rosters. Who wouldn't sacrifice 1 year to get better odds at McDavid? You'd be crazy if you never.

Buffalo tanking makes perfect sense and is totally sane. There is no way they flip the switch in the next few years even if they never went full on tank. Upping their odds at Connor will drastically kick start the rebuild and I completely understand their pov and why they're doing it. Like cmon, they're the worst team by far in the league... let them get a gem that will take them out of the gutters.

I'd have never thought tanking would be taken this seriously lol.

Different people will have different opinions.

I agree it is sad to see these teams selling off all their assets to lose as much as possible but let's be realistic here, you and I would try to do the same thing if we were in their positions.

It's the worst teams in the league, no way you can pull off a retool or anything and get lucky. Has to be a full on rebuild with the look of those rosters. Who wouldn't sacrifice 1 year to get better odds at McDavid? You'd be crazy if you never.

Buffalo tanking makes perfect sense and is totally sane. There is no way they flip the switch in the next few years even if they never went full on tank. Upping their odds at Connor will drastically kick start the rebuild and I completely understand their pov and why they're doing it. Like cmon, they're the worst team by far in the league... let them get a gem that will take them out of the gutters.

I think the writing was on the wall well before the mid point in the season for Arizona and Buffalo. They didn't need to sell off those assets as it depreciated the team as a whole. They also didn't need to endlessly call up plugs over bona fide blue chips in their systems.

Toronto might be the most blatant for questionable on ice calls for the roster. but Murrays statements are just way over the top. All but admitting he's tanking is just too much

Seriously, though, screw Meszaros. Wouldn't produce for my fantasy team until I traded his ass.

That's actually hilariously embarrassing. Can't blame their fans, however.

Yes. I take pride in our (Sabres) fan base. This hurts the reputation of all fans, not just the 19,000 that were there.

I wouldn't be too worried. This is hardly reflective on the city of Buffalo.

I can remember a few years back with the Canucks on a long losing streak. There were several "fans" on this board who openly were wishing for more losses, so that Alain Vigneault would be fired.

People will remember the goal Alex Burrows scored against the 'Canes to end the losing streak, but I remember just as vivdly the so-called Canuck fans who were disappointed with the victory.

Archived