The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres Loss Tonight Clinches McEichel Pick

If the Sabres lose tonight against Carolina they "win" the McEichel Cup. It's being played in Buffalo. Sabres fans are going to be cheering hard against the Sabres tonight.

Watch the rink explode with cheering if the 'Canes are victorious.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/buffalo-sabres-nhl-preview-connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel

I saw that the other night when they cheered when PHX won :lol:

4-2 now with plenty of time left in the 3rd. The comeback is on for Carolina...

I just watched some of the individual goals from the boxscore to see the crowd reaction and noticed that we have the same goal song as the Buffalo Sabres.

Expansion buddies for life.

As if it wasn't bad enough that they're leading the Hurricanes, they have had to listen to that damn song 4 times.

4-2 now with plenty of time left in the 3rd. The comeback is on for Carolina...

I just watched some of the individual goals from the boxscore to see the crowd reaction and noticed that we have the same goal song as the Buffalo Sabres.

Expansion buddies for life.

As if it wasn't bad enough that they're leading the Hurricanes, they have had to listen to that damn song 4 times.

But who will win Lord Stanley's Cup first?

Sabres basically have it already. Only way they don't get the McEichel pick is if they win all of their remaining games and Arizona loses all of their remaining games and I highly doubt that is going to happen.

But no clench, I mean clinch, tonight for the Sabres. They'll have to wait another day before they can celebrate McEichel.

Seriously dude? What makes you think a swear in an image would be ok when you can't type it in and post it?

Hey guys I think he meant that Buffalo would be guaranteed to get either McDavid or Eichel, hence the McEichel

Welcome to page two... :rolleyes:

I was hoping they would win the lottery and was cheering for their tank job. This result just shows how right they were to tank for last and how important it ended up being. They're guaranteed eichel now, while arizona misses out on both. Their tanking paid off, so good for them! As a sister franchise to them and since they've never won the cup either, I have a soft spot for them, so I'm glad they still get another great player as a consolation prize.

The best laid plans! Buffalo was so thourough in their planning for McDavid and it blew up in their

faces. It has to be karma. They got Perrault off a faulty roulette wheel instead of the Canucks! Not shedding any tears for the Sabres.

Archived