The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian

TheMalamute

Hey guys, if there's another thread already, just toss me the link. I'm wondering if anyone has any word on the status of Kassian. Any chance we get him back soon? We got him to serve as our version of Byfuglien or Lucic and when we finally get to the playoffs with him, he's out with back issues. I just want to know if anyone's heard anything about his return.

Thanks.

News: Kassian (back) resumed skating on his own last Friday. (Mon Apr 13)

Spin: The winger has yet to receive clearance to practice with the rest of the team, which will prevent him from being unavailable for the start of the Canucks' first-round series with the Flames. Coach Willie Desjardins would likely be loath to make any lineup changes if the Canucks play well in the early stages of the playoffs, so Kassian may have a tough time cracking the forward ranks once he's back at full health.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/5194/zack-kassian

News: Kassian (back) resumed skating on his own last Friday. (Mon Apr 13)

Spin: The winger has yet to receive clearance to practice with the rest of the team, which will prevent him from being unavailable for the start of the Canucks' first-round series with the Flames. Coach Willie Desjardins would likely be loath to make any lineup changes if the Canucks play well in the early stages of the playoffs, so Kassian may have a tough time cracking the forward ranks once he's back at full health.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/5194/zack-kassian

I was thinking the same thing. WD won't want to use playoff games for Kassian to get his timing back and get used to game-level speed and intensity again.

But if someone gets hurt (as is likely) or if WD needs to shake things up at some point, Kassian is a good option. He could go back with Matthias and Richardson and Dorsett could go back with Horvat, replacing Kenins.

This is unfortunate. Do we have any players with an edge? Higgins? Hansen? Richardson? Nope.

Kenins can hit, but he doesn't have an edge to his game.

This could get messy.

Dorsett, Bieksa, Burrows when he wants. But you're right, missing him takes a lot of that nastiness we need for the playoffs.

Dorsett, Bieksa, Burrows when he wants. But you're right, missing him takes a lot of that nastiness we need for the playoffs.

Ah yes, forgot about Dorsett. Bieksa gets in there as well. Although Burrows is all bark and no bite.

Missing that natural edge and the insanity of Kassian takes away from the line up in a huge way. Of course, this is all just "in my opinion".

Yes we need a psychopath in the line up,hope he makes an appearance this playoffs.

We might be fine without him against calgary but if we make it to the second round you know we'll need him. Both the Ducks and Jets are enormous teams so his size and nastiness is invaluable

Archived