The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan as New Head Coach?

vladimirpuck

No

no its not.

:picard:

Uh, yes. It is. You always want the best players right? Same goes for coaches. If you think there is a coach available that is better then your coach, you fire the coach and get the better one. I'm not saying WD is a bad coach, but if a good coach comes available, it has to be discussed, otherwise you're not doing your job.

Uh, yes. It is. You always want the best players right? Same goes for coaches. If you think there is a coach available that is better then your coach, you fire the coach and get the better one. I'm not saying WD is a bad coach, but if a good coach comes available, it has to be discussed, otherwise you're not doing your job.

What is wrong with WD though? If Jaques Lemaire or Scotty Bowman were available then maybe you think about it but an organization with a revolving door of coaches is going to be a bad organization.

WD is good but out coached most of this series to get in the 3-1 hole. After the media went nuts on why not play the Sedins more instead on rolling 4 lines equally. ..finally he did tonight which was huge difference! !

No he didn't. He played Daniel 19.22 and Hank 20.4 So admit you are talking BS. The best result the team has had was game 2 and neither played near to 20 mins. They both played over 20 mins in game 4 and we were beaten. If you want the media running this team don't look for a cup anytime soon.

What made a difference in this game was 43 shots on Hiller

In game 4 Daniel had 3 shots in 21 mins

In game 4 Hank had 6 shots in 20 mins

In game 3 Daniel had 0 shots in 15 mins, that's right 0 shots

In game 3 Hank had 1 shot in 17 mins.

In game 2 Daniel had 6 shots in 18 mins

In game 2 Hank had 2 shots in 16 mins

In game 1 Daniel had 6 shots in 16 mins

In game 1 Hank had 0 shots in 17.5 mins

The coach has to play players as he sees the game and in the case of veterans like the twins there is a need to keep them from being fatigued. Fatigue gets you injured. This is a long attritional series if the Canucks stay in it.

WD's done a good job this year. He brought this team into the play offs (and a 101 point season) when people have written this team off from the start of the season. He's experienced but a rookie NHL coach who's shown the ability to learn and make adjustments. He's shared in the responsibilities of the on-ice production.

How successful have the Sharks been over the last 7 years?

Thats what I am wondering, for all these Shark teams that are supposed to be Cup contenders over the years, they really have fallen short every single year.

I think he's been real good for us

Try that and watch your organization never resemble anything other than Edmonton. Again I will ask, what has Todd accomplished?

Could Desjardins be fired if they lose against the Flames? Maybe not but Todd McLellan is available and I know for sure if he was the coach of this team Ferland wouldn't be hitting everyone at will. Most likely Ferland would have been put in his place in game 1. I think McLellan could be the guy that leads this team back to being a successful playoff team though. Hope Linden and Benning at least think about it. It's the playoffs and Desjardins is playing the Sedins only 15 minutes a game!?!?!?!?

I wouldn't mind if he got fired personally but I really don't think it's gonna happen. In Jim's eyes he did everything he was supposed too and that was make the playoffs. However it is very frustrating seeing how bad some of the moves he is making in this postseason and it is fairly obvious he is being out coached by Hartley.

Id say even if we had a really bad year next year it would be highly doubtful he would get fired.

Thank god you two are not in charge of this team, based on your posts i wouldn't trust you to butter a piece of toast. Stop blaming our ROOKIE head coach for our team being pushed around by the smallest team in the league? Our team is soft, Im not talking about the Sedins because you can oblige players who dont play physical when there the best point producers but when the rest of your rosters are a bunch of muffins then it doesnt work out to well.

Archived