The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan as New Head Coach?

vladimirpuck

That's all we need is Todd McLellan coaching a whole different group of over the hill pantywaists in the playoffs. Now there's a recipe for success.

Willie should get another season indefinitely. Maybe if Benning can inject some more actual young talent into the lineup and extract some of the heartbroken deadweight passengers, then WD and the Canucks might see some playoff success. The core is clearly the main problem, the coach just doesn't have the weapons to work with.

LOL this city never fails to amaze me with the type of "fans" it pumps out it's dirty hole year after year. This is why our fan base sucks. You think if we were up 3-1, I bet you any money no flames fan would be saying "Fire Hartley".

OP is a fool.

The most stupid thing I've heard.. Stay the course desjardins is a good coach. Look how horvat and Kassian benefitted till he got injured. Believe me in a few years this team will look different with all the guys pushing for spots and you won't be asking for a third coach in 3 years..

Wait. Did you actually think this team was going to the cup this year?

We all thought they could. Some people thought they would. Apparently people thought they should. It is really kinda wide open for the Canucks if they beat CGY, but they have to get out of the opening round first. Stuff happens.

New coach won't make a difference.

After 2011 it is safe to say our core is stale and done.

They clearly do not have the extra gear or drive needed to perform in the playoffs. Until this core has been rebuilt, doesn't matter who is coaching this team, we will continue to fail in the playoffs.

Willie fired? Jesus guys. WTF. We were suppose to be retooling this year, we were lucky to even make the playoffs. The players are just as much, if not more to blame than Willie. How about we trade the whole team while we are at it.

Just Silly.

Guys?

Just quote the guy you are talking to. This is not a fan consensus by far

I've hated some of WD's calls (MACMILLAN OVER BAERTSCHI), but I don't think he deserves to be fired from this. He has squeezed out every ounce of luck we can get from this team. The real problem are the players we have, other than Sedins, Horvat and Vrbata, we really have nobody. I understand somewhat why Sven is not being given trust in the playoffs. I'm all for destroying that stale ass core, but really, we can't be putting blame on the coach if a guy like Bonino can't even win his draw, or a guy like Vrbata won't show up in the series.

The reason, like I said a few times, that most of the canucks fan are hating what is happening are the efforts the damn core is showing. If we get blown out 9-1 a game, but actually tried? I would have been somewhat understanding. But we all know they can at least freaking try.

Could Desjardins be fired if they lose against the Flames? Maybe not but Todd McLellan is available and I know for sure if he was the coach of this team Ferland wouldn't be hitting everyone at will. Most likely Ferland would have been put in his place in game 1. I think McLellan could be the guy that leads this team back to being a successful playoff team though. Hope Linden and Benning at least think about it. It's the playoffs and Desjardins is playing the Sedins only 15 minutes a game!?!?!?!?

Yes, McLellan would have strapped on the skates and given Ferland the what-for!

Sometimes you've just got to shake your head at what people come up with. Willie didn't lose last nights game; a lack of discipline, from certain players, in the first, cost us the game. Our guys will have to watch out for Ferland but more to the point they need to stay out of the box, solve the defensive wall that collapses around Hiller and get some traffic in front of him. Do that and we win.

Would I love to see McLellan as our coach next year. Yes.

Is there any chance at all of that happening. No.

Just like we won't be able to move any player on our team that is responsible for our inbility to play playoff hockey.

NTC's all stay.

We're not getting better.

It's a holding pattern for the next few years until the Sedins (who I love) retire.

We may or may not make the playoffs.

However, we won't advance in the playoffs.

We all thought they could. Some people thought they would. Apparently people thought they should. It is really kinda wide open for the Canucks if they beat CGY, but they have to get out of the opening round first. Stuff happens.

Uh....no. Making the playoffs this year was the goal and they met it. Everyone thought they could win the Cup? Ridiculous.

Archived