The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Bare Bones - Game #142 (Sign-Ups Closed)

g_bassi13

I was surprised myself when I learned Aladeen had been blocking you every round. But as far as activity went I felt all of us were active.

Actually yeah, it was more just inactivity in general that killed us. You and BW did a great job of contributing while staying off of people's radars (specifically BW IMO -- he was one of the guys I thought was very likely TP).

Not that it mattered at all, but technically the lackey shouldn't be able to target the same player twice in a row. My targets ended up dying every single round though.

Anyways, what a massacre. Mafia just kind of hid in the background the entire game though. It pays to be inactive? Thanks for hosting, bassi.

Really is that true about the lackey not being able to block the same role twice? I had no idea, all I kept thinking was poor Intoews he must be so pissed lol! Sorry man!

Lackeys in my games have been always allowed to block whomever, but I'll keep that in mind for next game.

Every kill this game was just a duplicate one though. It wouldn't have changed a thing.

Really is that true about the lackey not being able to block the same role twice? I had no idea, all I kept thinking was poor Intoews he must be so pissed lol! Sorry man!

right from the OP

"Lackey - The Lackey is a role-blocker who secretly works for the Mafia. The Lackey shows up as Town on investigation and have no contact with the Mafia, but aims to make contact with the Mafia and help them win. The Lackey chooses one player each round to role-block - the chosen target will be blocked from performing his action. This includes blocking the Mafia from making their kill. The Lackey cannot block an action taken against himself. The Lackey cannot block the same player/group (i.e. Mafia group) on two consecutive nightfalls."

Doesn't matter though result would have been the same as once again the mafia mostly just sat back and let the TP argue amongst themselves aided by the fact that most TP were painfully inactive as has become the norm.

Lately the mafia haven't been winning the TP have been handing them the games on a silver platter there is little to no discussion, many people just vote with no explanation , almost no one calls people out anymore and sooo many people don't pay attention to the game to the point that they don't know they're dead or they get GK'd. All the mafia have to do is submit their kill and its pretty much game over now.

Next game regardless of what role I have I will vote( and or kill if I can) only inactives because this is becoming very frustrating.

GG Mafia and thanks for hosting Bassi

right from the OP

"Lackey - The Lackey is a role-blocker who secretly works for the Mafia. The Lackey shows up as Town on investigation and have no contact with the Mafia, but aims to make contact with the Mafia and help them win. The Lackey chooses one player each round to role-block - the chosen target will be blocked from performing his action. This includes blocking the Mafia from making their kill. The Lackey cannot block an action taken against himself. The Lackey cannot block the same player/group (i.e. Mafia group) on two consecutive nightfalls."

Doesn't matter though result would have been the same as once again the mafia mostly just sat back and let the TP argue amongst themselves aided by the fact that most TP were painfully inactive as has become the norm.

Lately the mafia haven't been winning the TP have been handing them the games on a silver platter there is little to no discussion, many people just vote with no explanation , almost no one calls people out anymore and sooo many people don't pay attention to the game to the point that they don't know they're dead or they get GK'd. All the mafia have to do is submit their kill and its pretty much game over now.

Next game regardless of what role I have I will vote( and or kill if I can) only inactives because this is becoming very frustrating.

GG Mafia and thanks for hosting Bassi

This

I PMed mau5 asking if he was the lackey because I assumed he'd be the one to block me every single round. :lol:

Did you start in contact with the mafia?

I PMed mau5 asking if he was the lackey because I assumed he'd be the one to block me every single round. :lol:

Did you start in contact with the mafia?

No just last round they investigated me lol

I've been wanted to host a couple games for a while now, but it looks like interest is dwindling along with activity and dispite some new blood, I sense a mafia break coming... so I'll probably offer my hosting services up once interest is rekindled

You guys could try out the format being used in the Mafia Championships games. 13 players: 9 vanilla TP, 3 Mafia, 1 Sheriff. It looks like a pretty good balance in a simple format.

Let's try it IMO. It forces the mafia to work hard for their victory instead of just waiting for the town to stop thinking.

Archived