The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV, Hartley, Predators Coach Jack Adams Finalists

I had it like this prior to the playoffs starting and I'll stick to it as it's a regular season award

1. Hartley by a land slide

2. Laviolette

3. Maurice/Willie

4. Willie/Maurice

5. AV

There's no contest for this award... Hartley turned a team many picked to finish in the cellar into 3rd in their division.

Why not AV? He's turned around the Rangers.

He turned them around last season when he took them to the finals. The difference between last season and this season is negligible when compared to what Hartley did.

That's like asking why they give Ovechkin the mauric Richard trophy and they should give someone else a turn

that is a terrible analogy.

Richard trophy is objective. Jack Adams nominations are subjective. If AV was a runaway candidate then he should get a nomination no question. But there were lots of other great options they could have given the nod to, and considering AV has already won the award twice, it would be nice to give another coach recognition for a great season.

That's like asking why they give Ovechkin the mauric Richard trophy and they should give someone else a turn

You can't be serious? Lol. I love coming here sometimes. Thank you.

Why doesn't Willie get a nod if Hartley did? He had a superior season and we were predicted to be pretty terrible ourselves.

You can't be serious? Lol. I love coming here sometimes. Thank you.

Why doesn't Willie get a nod if Hartley did? He had a superior season and we were predicted to be pretty terrible ourselves.

People thought the Canucks would have a bounce back. They did. Calgary on paper has a terrible roster and they were supposed to finish near the bottom on the standings. Nobody expected them to make the playoffs at all. The Canucks were expected to bounce back.

Archived