The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jordan Subban

Nail

According to general fanager, Subban is signed at 755k while Stewart is signed at 925k. Is there a reason for the different amount? It sure shouldn't be performance/potential based...

JB's just punking Subban. Is this an April Fools joke to get a rise out of Desiboy?

Only the Minister knows for sure.

Not enough Bo Sang:

Bo Sang Desiboy Subban

Bo Sang Desiboy Subban

Bo Sang Desiboy Subban

Bo Sang Desiboy Subban

Subban Bo Sang

Desiboy Subban

Bo Sang Desiboy

Bo Sang

Desiboy

Subban

Trade proposal Vancouver: Josh Ho Sang

Islanders : Bo Sang, conditional seventh rounder

I'm not particularly excited about this signing. After training camp last year, a long season and months of speculation, I'd become fed up with hearing Subban's name. He's off to a bad start in my mind because already I'm sick of him. Hope he does well of course.

According to general fanager, Subban is signed at 755k while Stewart is signed at 925k. Is there a reason for the different amount? It sure shouldn't be performance/potential based...

Don't forget to read the fine print. This is what it says if you click on Stewart's name:

"Notes

Contract details are unknown, maximum allowable contract has been assumed until details are confirmed."

Labate and Sautner are also listed at 925K for the same reason.

So they are assuming 925K for Stewart (and Labate and Sautner) until they get the right number. It will be less than Subban is getting for all three guys. Probably Benning wants to stick with a formula that translates draft order into salary. First rounders will get the max (925K), second rounders will get a bit less, etc.

And what counts for these guys immediately is the bonus and the AHL salary. The AHL salary might be around 70K or 80K.

Don't forget to read the fine print. This is what it says if you click on Stewart's name:

"Notes

Contract details are unknown, maximum allowable contract has been assumed until details are confirmed."

Labate and Sautner are also listed at 925K for the same reason.

So they are assuming 925K for Stewart (and Labate and Sautner) until they get the right number. It will be less than Subban is getting for all three guys. Probably Benning wants to stick with a formula that translates draft order into salary. First rounders will get the max (925K), second rounders will get a bit less, etc.

And what counts for these guys immediately is the bonus and the AHL salary. The AHL salary might be around 70K or 80K.

Thanks!!

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Subban traded to Montreal. In general "sign and trade" deals are for some reason thought to be kind of "tacky", but not if that is what the player wants. And I would guess that Subban would like to go to Montreal.

Only among some fans. Prospects are often moved without ever playing a game for the team drafting them. RFA's are also frequently moved after being re-signed. That's simply asset management. What is somewhat frowned upon is signing as a UFA with a new team and then being moved shortly afterward. This can make other UFA's somewhat leery of signing with the team.

Flame away.

He will most likely never be an NHL defender.

I personally hate small d-men in the playoffs, they get worn down pretty quickly and get ragdolled in front of the net.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Well he is likely to be playing with our hockey equivalent of some damned huge redwood trees if some of our giants pull through so I doubt it will matter what size he is by then.

Oh and look at his physique, he WILL NOT get rag dolled.

I'm not particularly excited about this signing. After training camp last year, a long season and months of speculation, I'd become fed up with hearing Subban's name. He's off to a bad start in my mind because already I'm sick of him. Hope he does well of course.

None of that is his fault though.

I'm keeping my expectations low but he's a 4th rounder so if he turns into anything big bonus.

^ It's already page 4. You're really late on this one, darling.

Hopefully Jordan can get some quality playing time in Utica next year. It does seem like we're going to have a bit of a log jam over there though. Will some of the current players get reassigned to the ECHL, or what? Is there anyone on the Utica roster right now whose contract will expire this season?

I just want to point something kind of funny out

Some of the people that questioned this the most or have been negative about it are also the same people who once Benning was hired and up to the trade deadline were screaming to get Krug

How is Krug an ok size but Subban is too small....

This bi-polar forum kills me

Archived