The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks, PG Cougars to Make "Exciting" Announcement Tomorrow

Pears

You used to. Purolator Cup?

They took banners down and rebuilt Kin 1 for the Canada Games. Its an unbelievable new rink now. They haven't rehung them

It was back in the late 70s, when all of PG's rep teams were called The Kings. (We were sponsored by the local Toyota dealership) We won the provincial midget championship, as well as the Wrigley tournament.

The Wrigley later became the Air Canada Cup, (Cliff Ronning played in that one) The Macs Midget tournament and eventually The Telus Cup. It's a AAA competition, but back when I played, the distinctions between A, AA, AAA didn't exist in BC.

The year we won, we traveled to Verdun, Que for the National championship. It's what my sig is referring to.

It's too bad they took the banners down, but I did get to show it to my daughter a few years back when she was in PG for a figure skating competition, so it's all good.

It was back in the late 70s, when all of PG's rep teams were called The Kings. (We were sponsored by the local Toyota dealership) We won the provincial midget championship, as well as the Wrigley tournament.

The Wrigley later became the Air Canada Cup, (Cliff Ronning played in that one) The Macs Midget tournament and eventually The Telus Cup. It's a AAA competition, but back when I played, the distinctions between A, AA, AAA didn't exist in BC.

The year we won, we traveled to Verdun, Que for the National championship. It's what my sig is referring to.

It's too bad they took the banners down, but I did get to show it to my daughter a few years back when she was in PG for a figure skating competition, so it's all good.

Awesome. I know a few of those guys that have stayed around town. Played rec with many of them over the years.

They will hang them back up. Along with the midget macs banner that was won this year. Pretty amazing hockey history in this town.

Awesome. I know a few of those guys that have stayed around town. Played rec with many of them over the years.

They will hang them back up. Along with the midget macs banner that was won this year. Pretty amazing hockey history in this town.

If and when they hang them back up, you'll see a name second from the bottom (I think. They went in numerical order and I wore #19) that has the same initials as the last two letters of my username. :)

New sports action lottery:

How many Canucks/prospects will be challenged to a fight (off ice) while in PG?

Give it a rest. PG just hosted athletes from all over the country without a single incident. It's not like is some ghetto. It has a few rough areas, just like every city

To all the PGers, relax. It's just poking fun. There is no bitter vitriol against Prince George. Look at how many insults Van City gets on this forum by its own residents.

Disagree. I think a lot of the critics are sincere.

But whatever. This is CDC, where misinformation is disseminated on a regular basis.

Disagree. I think a lot of the critics are sincere.

But whatever. This is CDC, where misinformation is disseminated on a regular basis.

Yeah and if it's sincere it still doesn't matter. Like I said everywhere gets ragged on here.

Ignorance at its peak. I guess this has happened to you here. and I guess its an occurrence that is only found here. No comparison to the Boston fan trying to sneak home from Rogers arena after game seven of the finals Eh?. I like to think that training camp should be held throughout BC to help the team see their roots are deep all over this beautiful province and let us all connect with them. How about we don't lose sight that this is a sport that is designed to entertain us all, not just the beautiful people.

Give it a rest. PG just hosted athletes from all over the country without a single incident. It's not like is some ghetto. It has a few rough areas, just like every city

I don't think that pg is all that rough...I jus think that the greater Vancouver area is truly that weak, plus with the way things are going most Vancouverites are easily the most arrogant people in Canada. I hope the rest of BC shows up and supports this training camp and treat this team in true heartland fashion :)

Hilarious. You think that up all by yourself, or did your mom help?

in fact, he clearly stated it was from yahoo answers.

on the other hand, the "comeback" you managed to come up with was truly sad and defensive.

As long as they stay away from the Genny they'll be fine.

I used to play hockey in pg for a few years and it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Edmonton is twice as scary of a place. Just avoid going outside when it rains, can get quite stinky.

in fact, he clearly stated it was from yahoo answers.

on the other hand, the "comeback" you managed to come up with was truly sad and defensive.

Yeah. Clearly that was really the response he got from yahoo answers. :rolleyes:

Talk about a "sad response"...

As long as they stay away from the Genny they'll be fine.

I used to play hockey in pg for a few years and it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Edmonton is twice as scary of a place. Just avoid going outside when it rains, can get quite stinky.

Exactly. I'd still rather live in PG instead of Deadmonton.

Archived