The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] The Hamburglar gets 3 years

As per TSN app

Sens Twitter: https://twitter.com/senators/status/601028815930920961

SCOTT LEWIS

MAY 20, 2015, 10:25 AM

The Ottawa Senators have signed goaltender Andrew Hammond to a three-year contract extension, the club announced on its official Twitter account.

The Hamburglar helped the Senators make an improbable run to the post-season after taking over No. 1 duties after injuries felled Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner.

The club didnt shy away from having a little fun with his nickname in its announcement.

The 27-year-old appeared in 24 regular-season games and finished 20-1-2 with a .941 save percentage and a 1.79 goals-against average.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-ink-hammond-to-3-year-extension/

AAV = 1.35

pretty smart getting him cheap like that. Either he keeps playing good and hes a cheap starter that helps them or he backs up andy or lehner for cheap and hes a pretty good backup/1b option as well. Win Win for them especially if the return on andy/lehner is decent

pretty smart getting him cheap like that. Either he keeps playing good and hes a cheap starter that helps them or he backs up andy or lehner for cheap and hes a pretty good backup/1b option as well. Win Win for them especially if the return on andy/lehner is decent

Only way I see this backfiring is if they move Anderson, Hammond shows that this year was a fluke (I would expect regression regardless) and Lehner shows he isn't ready yet.

Since they landed O'Connor, it seems likely that they will move Lehner.

Even if Hammond shows last year was a fluke (likely), he should be decent enough to back up Anderson until O'Connor is ready.

Lehner may actually be a good fit in Edmonton. Lots of potential.

Anderson to Edmonton would be the best fit

Seems to check out, but if I'm Edmonton I'm trying to get Cam Ward on the cheap. Simply a better goaltender, more of a pedigree, and probably just needs a change of scenery to return to allstar form.

Archived