The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] A few Teams might look throwing Dougie Hamilton Offer Sheet

Ridiculous scenario

Edmonton makes a trade into the top 5 and drafts Hanifin or Prorov to go with McDavid. Edmonton then offer sheets Hamilton at $5.75 million AAV 5 year term. Edmonton then signs McQuaid to a 4 million deal. Brings Nurse Draisatl and Musil into the line up

What does Edmontons year look like???

Would have to say playoff contender at least. Like...

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov

_____ - Draisaitl - Purcell

Gazdic - Gordon - Fraser

Nurse - Hamilton

Hanifin/Provorov - Schultz

Ference - McQuaid

_____

Scrivens

They'd still need a goalie and a bottom six forward, but they'd be one scary team next year if they managed to pull that off.

Friedman was talking about this, Boston will match any offer but it would screw up their cap and make them lose out on somone else. He said he could see a rival like Philly doing it just to hurt the bruins cap

I could see Philli do it, but Philli is just as tight to the cap as Boston is, but they have their own issues with Sanheim Gostisbehere etc and they've unmoveable contracts in McDonald and Lecavelier. Boston will be able to move a Chara Krejci or Eriksson.

No chance Philli is doing it with Vinny or McDonald

I could see Philli do it, but Philli is just as tight to the cap as Boston is, but they have their own issues with Sanheim Gostisbehere etc and they've unmoveable contracts in McDonald and Lecavelier. Boston will be able to move a Chara Krejci or Eriksson.

No chance Philli is doing it with Vinny or McDonald

It's expected that both philly (pronger) and Bos (savard) trade away some of their injured players to teams looking to hit the cap floor. They have until the start of the season to be under the cap so they have lots of time to figure out space

Bettman has to adjust the goal posts, soon.

Too many of his fav teams with a cap-crunch.

Meanwhile, cap-sinkholes like Florida bail out the drunken sailor GM's(eg: Chi sends a D like Campbell there) while we Cdn fans send welfare-payments,(7 teams constitute about 40% rev), to subsidize their empty bldgs.

The biz-side of this pyramid scheme is tragic-comedy.

I would give up a 1st and 3rd for him anyday. Teams should do it.

I totally agree.

Why does everybody just flippantly dismiss this idea out of hand?

We all think that a first round pick is SOOOOO valuable because of the "what-could-be" factor.

In reality, which of the last drafts have given us a late-round first and third that you wouldn't trade for Dougie Hamilton?

The closest would have to be 2013, mostly just cause Cassels is looking so promising.

I love both Shinkaruk and Cassels, but I'd do that in a heartbeat.

There's a pretty low percent chance that this draft year works out as good as that year.

They would have drafted in already. Impossible.

The Oilers make anything possible, Longfellow Deeds will walk up to the podium with proof that the Oilers are actually an AHL team therefor not eligible to win the draft lottery. Then Winona Ryder will back him up by stating under rule 2b69-666 the offer sheet compensation will include Connor McDavid and 1 billion dollars.

It's expected that both philly (pronger) and Bos (savard) trade away some of their injured players to teams looking to hit the cap floor. They have until the start of the season to be under the cap so they have lots of time to figure out space

Kinda sucks that the Luongo rule came in effective retroactively to screw the Canucks who were accused of circumventing the cap although they were proven to have been within the rules but yet teams can make trades such as these which is an obvious circumvention.

Gillis wasn't part of the old boys club thats for sure.

oh ya, aside from my previous post, back to the topic.....the Oilers should do this or at least try. This would certainly get them over the hump to being a playoff team if and only if they can find a goalie.

oh ya, aside from my previous post, back to the topic.....the Oilers should do this or at least try. This would certainly get them over the hump to being a playoff team if and only if they can find a goalie.

Hello Benning? We want Markstrom.... Ok we want Yakupov. Ok throw in Zack Kassian. Ok sure thing

Hello Benning? We want Markstrom.... Ok we want Yakupov. Ok throw in Zack Kassian. Ok sure thing

Doesn't having Baertshci and Shinkaruk make Yakupov somewhat redundant? I know Yakupov has a higher upside but if management has faith in what Small skilled wingers in Vancouver's current prospects it would case a lot of redundancy in the organization.

Doesn't having Baertshci and Shinkaruk make Yakupov somewhat redundant? I know Yakupov has a higher upside but if management has faith in what Small skilled wingers in Vancouver's current prospects it would case a lot of redundancy in the organization.

He would, but Baertschi - Horvat - Yakupov just sounds so freaking sexy.

I'd offer him something stupid and long term, and then give Boston the middle finger

8 mil x 10 years

If they match I win, if they don't I win. Canucks are going to be picking 15-25 anyway. Just go for the throat. Offers of 5 or 6 or even seven mil will not get it done. Bet big or go home.

Trade Hamhuis and Bieksa for highest picks offered.

ohhh how the defense would change....

Edit; He's going to be a franchise denfenseman. Might as well start paying him like one a few years early.

Archived