The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

Trading Markstrom is a bad move, keeping Lack and Miller and hemming in that much cap in goalies and then not being able to resign Lack and losing him for nothing is a bad idea imho. Especially as apposed to keeping Miller and Markstrom who can eventually when Millers contract expires can be a starter which is realistic based off this past AHL season, and trading lack...

Actual asset management not picking who you like more. but I'm sure Benning already knows this so I don't see Markstrom being traded its illogical at its core

A markstrom demko combo could be leathal if they reach their potential. But I'm curious about this San Jose rumour. Barzal prob be on the board or werenski perhaps at 9.

I don't know if we wil see it happen tho

I really like Markstrom and am looking forward to seeing what he can do this season, but if they want him over Eddie in the proposed exchange for a top 10 pick, it's done. Makes the whole Luongo situation worthwhile if we can land a franchise defenseman.

Trading Markstrom is a bad move, keeping Lack and Miller and hemming in that much cap in goalies and then not being able to resign Lack and losing him for nothing is a bad idea imho. Especially as apposed to keeping Miller and Markstrom who can eventually when Millers contract expires can be a starter which is realistic based off this past AHL season....

Benning has already said ownership has no problem paying big money for two goalies after next season if that's what it comes to,

We'll have cap space anyways because management won't be spending big until we're ready to go for it.

Benning has already said ownership has no problem paying big money for two goalies after next season if that's what it comes to,

We'll have cap space anyways because management won't be spending big until we're ready to go for it.

There are good arguments for keeping Lack over Markstrom.... and ya, a year of paying both salaries or eating a chunk of Miller's salary for his last year and trading him is no biggie really.

It is wildly different than the Schneider/Luongo situation because Miller isn't signed until eternity.

I feel déjà vu hitting me all of a sudden

Breaking_Header.jpg

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN

#Canucks have asked Kevin Bieksa to waive his no-trade clause. Potential list of teams TBD

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres

Kevin Bieksa's agent tells me that the #Canucks have not asked him to waive his no-trade clause. Wouldn't comment when asked if Bieksa would

Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph

If the #canucks have told Bieksa they want him to move on does it matter if they formally ask him to waive his NTC? #semantics

Blake Price @BlakePriceTSN

After hearing Bieksa's agent, I think he's open to a trade, but the Canucks don't have a deal yet so no official "ask" just yet

So you mean No one has asked Kevin to wave, No deal is on the table that anyone knows of so maybe we should just wait and people like the one who started this topic should shut up. Patience people Patience. Dont start something you dont know anything about fool.

It's all politics.

When people are asked if they "asked" Bieksa to waive his NTC they say no.

But what they likely did was ask Kevin a what/if scenario...................e.g. what if you could go to LA would you consider that?

Given there's no trade on the table they haven't "asked" him to waive his NTC, e.g. Kevin we have an offer for you to go to LA, we're going to do it if you waive your NTC.

You see the difference.

If management hasn't talked to all of their players with NTC's about "possibilities", they should all be fired as they're not doing their jobs.

Archived