The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

Almost certainly a dea (or several options) is in place. Last year Benning had a deal on the table with St. Louis before he asked Garrison.

I think you may be correct.

Maybe that Lucic speculation has some teeth afterall.

So he wasn't asked to waive, he was asked if he would waive if the opportunity to trade him came up. Big difference. It means there isn't anything set in stone, just preliminary talks.

I think that's Farhan covering his ass once he realized that if he said Bieksa had been asked to waive it would weaken the Canucks bargaining position.

And so it begins....Hoping for a 2nd and 3rd round pick (maybe from next year) back.

Gold haul incoming. Hopefully a brick and not just coins.

I imagine Benning has a deal in mind. I doubt he'd ask him if there wasn't something legitimate in place.

Yes, it seems that's the way he operates as opposed to asking first then if no deal comes about you have a player that knows you're actively trying to move him. No point in asking until there is definite interest in him.

Its sad to see Juice go, just as it was Sad to see Garrison go, but when you habe a logjam of 'top 4' all making 4-6 million, all with NTCs...and little to show for it results wise, somethings gotta give eventually. I hope they can find something that works for Juice and our team.

Archived