The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Man if only all our late first round picks had this kind of potential. Cough..cough... Patrick White, Schroeder, Mike Wilson, Polasek.

Makes me wonder if we had a rule that when you draft from 20-30 go the NCAA route, certainly seems to have worked for guys like Schneider, and Kesler. 

Didn't work with White or Schroeder though!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NaveJoseph said:

We got a player. Actually looks like he could play with the Sedins in a couple of years. 

Horvat - Boeser would be cool too. 

Tkatchuk Horvat Boeser?

send McCann and Jake down to the AHL for half a season playing them together on the 1st line to get some chemistry and ice time. I think jake will stay with the big club though. 

Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Tkatchuk Horvat Boeser?

send McCann and Jake down to the AHL for half a season playing them together on the 1st line to get some chemistry and ice time. I think jake will stay with the big club though. 

I was literally dreaming about that as I was watching that new highlight video. Boeser and Tkachuk would be a dynamic duo I believe. With Horvat really solidifying the line. Dubois would probably look good there too, but Tkachuk's game seems tailor made for that line, where as with Dubois it would probably be better to run something like.

Bear-Horvat-Boeser

Dubois-McCann-Virtanen

Keeps a solid 200ft player on each line with a little skill and size.

But I think Tkachuk-Horvat-Boeser would be, (in the words of fat bastard) Dead Sexy!

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Tkatchuk Horvat Boeser?

I was actually thinking that. Tkachuk would be great with the other two. People said he's a "complimentary player," cause he plays with two highly touted prospects on the London Knights, but you need those glue guys. Besides, I don't think anyone can doubt how good he is after the OHL playoffs. 

Looks like Benning is stockpiling guys who could play with the Sedins in the twilight of their careers, but also together: Guys that are chippy, cycle well, and have great shots--like Sutter, Hansen, and Virtanen. 

With how he's developing, Baertschi also fits in interestingly, cause he's so good at passing. Could be very good with Boeser while Tkachuk and Virtanen play on Sutter or McCann's wing. So many possibilities. 

33 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He looks a lot more mobile that I'd thought, especially his lateral movement.  And not just a goal-scorer either, he's constantly making good plays.

He has good lateral skating like Selanne, and hovers around the net in a similar way, but I never realized how much hustle he has. That's what made me say he'd be good with the Sedins--he not only looks for space, he goes for the puck and forechecks with a really active stick.

His cycle game looks solid, and playing with good teammates helps develop that. Going to UND was the best thing for his career. 

Edited by NaveJoseph

7 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

He has good lateral skating like Selanne, and hovers around the net in a similar way, but I never realized how much hustle he has. That's what made me say he'd be good with the Sedins--he not only looks for space, he goes for the puck and forechecks with a really active stick.

His cycle game looks solid, and playing with good teammates helps develop that. Going to UND was the best thing for his career. 

I see his numbers going up this year.

1.One year older

2.Tyson Jost.

3. Receives ELC after next season

5 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I see his numbers going up this year.

1.One year older

2.Tyson Jost.

3. Receives ELC after next season

Even though he's gaining Jost, he's losing Caggiula, Stetcher, and (more than likely, but not yet confirmed) Schmaltz. That's a lot of talent leaving, talent that helps drive the play and create offense.

I think it might be a good idea to keep expectations a little bit lower. I would be delighted to see him put up the same numbers as last year without the supporting cast. If he manages to put up even more points next year I will be ecstatic, especially considering that he already lead his conference this year.

Here's to hoping he surprises me even more so than this year!

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Even though he's gaining Jost, he's losing Caggiula, Stetcher, and (more than likely, but not yet confirmed) Schmaltz. That's a lot of talent leaving, talent that helps drive the play and create offense.

I think it might be a good idea to keep expectations a little bit lower. I would be delighted to see him put up the same numbers as last year without the supporting cast. If he manages to put up even more points next year I will be ecstatic, especially considering that he already lead his conference this year.

Im just being optimistic. But I do see that Brock is special, I have no doubt he'll be turning heads again next season.

• Upvote 1

On May 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Diamonds said:

I believe it's more than not guaranteed Schmaltz is playing his Junior year at UND.