The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

If a team is willing to give us a 2nd round pick and take on his whole salary,we could give that money to Bo  maybe 7 x7  and have some cash for Our next year.                  Just don't see to many shifts where Brock actually drives the play no matter what lineages he is playing with.I agree maybe play him on poweplay ,try and get him some goals but the team needs wins and the lines have looked pretty good so interesting games ahead.       Go Canucks Go

12 minutes ago, Islandclarky said:

If a team is willing to give us a 2nd round pick and take on his whole salary,we could give that money to Bo  maybe 7 x7  and have some cash for Our next year.                  Just don't see to many shifts where Brock actually drives the play no matter what lineages he is playing with.I agree maybe play him on poweplay ,try and get him some goals but the team needs wins and the lines have looked pretty good so interesting games ahead.       Go Canucks Go

All trades include cap-for-cap or some adjustment for it; no way we get to dump BB's whole cap hit.

Imo, Brock is priced out of the market as it stands; but may come back into it with the expected escrow pay downs (and therefore cap increases).

On 10/30/2022 at 6:43 PM, Alflives said:

One of the best shots (wrister) in the league.  

It’s not even top 3 on our team.  
The Boeser shot from his rookie year is long gone.  
Now it’s a bit over average, he can’t skate, and he is one of the biggest bandaids in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gets so much hate but he's got 7 points in 9 games despite being mostly injured this season. 

I don't like Miller at C and Boeser on his wing though because defensively they're a real mess. BB has to come up with something better because he's a minus 5.

Either play Bo and Boeser together or Miller and Bo (and maybe Boeser all together won't be as bad defensively?), or if we really need to break up Petey's line, do it for the benefit of the team because Miller and Boeser just get scored on nightly.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Podkolzin - Horvat - Boeser

Hoglander - Miller - Garland

Or

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Kuzmenko

Podkolzin - Aman - Garland

We've sadly got to protect our two worst defensive forwards (Miller and Brock), not put them together.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:37 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Gets so much hate but he's got 7 points in 9 games despite being mostly injured this season. 

I don't like Miller at C and Boeser on his wing though because defensively they're a real mess. BB has to come up with something better because he's a minus 5.

Either play Bo and Boeser together or Miller and Bo (and maybe Boeser all together won't be as bad defensively?), or if we really need to break up Petey's line, do it for the benefit of the team because Miller and Boeser just get scored on nightly.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Podkolzin - Horvat - Boeser

Hoglander - Miller - Garland

Or

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Kuzmenko

Podkolzin - Aman - Garland

We've sadly got to protect our two worst defensive forwards (Miller and Brock), not put them together.

Not a good look when,

your Stars are the ones you have to be worried about who to play them with, as stars are the ones to raise other's play

Maybe we just have too many of the same type of players as a problem with no defined roles?

On 10/30/2022 at 6:26 PM, EddieVedder said:

Hes not talented.  He cant skate, he cant backcheck effectively, he cant skate with the puck, cant play on the pk, hes not a line driver, and his shot is is nothing special. We havent seen him make a single skilled play all year, including last.  Hes a passenger on this club.  

I think that you're a little hard on Boeser but a lot of what you say is true.  He has some hockey smarts that will net him around 25 goals most years.  But as for the lethal shot we saw in his rookie year, NHL players see a kid like that and they start whacking him on the wrists and now the brilliant shot is gone.  It's still pretty good though.  I don't think he was ever a line driver.  He's more of a guy who finds seams and sneaks into position to score.  He never did improve his speed but I suppose we'll never know how badly his back injury affects him.  Defense is lacking but I can think of at least 1 top 6 forward who concerns me more.

Benning did him no favours by signing him to a bridge deal with a $7.5M QO.  The deal that Allvin got at $6.65M is very good given the circumstances but he's still about $1M too high.  His over priced contract is going to put him on the trade block imo.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, Crabcakes said:

Benning did him no favours by signing him to a bridge deal with a $7.5M QO.  The deal that Allvin got at $6.65M is very good given the circumstances but he's still about $1M too high.  His over priced contract is going to put him on the trade block imo.

I disagree. Benning made the choice obvious, and PA and JR still bit. The clear and only logical move was to move Boeser at last year's deadline. Boeser would have been of interest to multiple teams last TDL, those that wanted a rental only, and those that want a player they could possiblky sign long term.

Just now, Lumme21 said:

I disagree. Benning made the choice obvious, and PA and JR still bit. The clear and only logical move was to move Boeser at last year's deadline. Boeser would have been of interest to multiple teams last TDL, those that wanted a rental only, and those that want a player they could possiblky sign long term.

And before someone replies that they couldn't move Boeser at last years TDL as they were in a playoff run, I would say they were never actually in the race. Even if management believed they were, they surely weren't a Stanley cup contender, and that is all that matters. The clear move was to not only move Boeser, but Miller and Horvat too.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock needs to lose 20 pounds and work harder to be quicker.  He’s too fat and too slow. 

LOSE WEIGHT Brock!  You’re to friggin’ fat! 

too many meatballs.

also though, trading him last spring when his dad was dying woulda been hella dick move, especially if the return was crap.

• There it is 1