The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

Not only does this kid score a lot, but damn they are mostly highlight reel goals. Even some of the EN were nice. 

Yea that's pretty amazing when you think of it. Doesn't really score what people would call "garbage goals" and scores goal scorers goals. Something we lack in organization depth but Boeser is a beauty at it.

High end talent offensively who can snipe and dangle.

30 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Yea that's pretty amazing when you think of it. Doesn't really score what people would call "garbage goals" and scores goal scorers goals. Something we lack in organization depth but Boeser is a beauty at it.

High end talent offensively who can snipe and dangle.

Just hope it will transfer to the next level and beyond. His development will be something to watch and hopefully he is skilled enough to be able to elevate his game as the competition gets tougher.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  He's more like Bossey.  (Four Cups to zero). ^_^

That comparison has crossed my mind too.  He's got something of that same "pure scorer" mystique about him.  As I recall, Bossy wasn't all that fast either, just had incredible hands and release, knew where to be, and had some pretty good linemates feeding him the puck too.  To do the same today, you'd need to be faster but I'm sure Boesser can manage that with a bit of work.  This guy is looking like the steal of his draft class atm. 

• Upvote 2

On 2016-03-11 at 7:02 PM, theminister said:

That's Boeser's award to win. 

If he goes back next year, which he probably will, he'll be an early candidate for the Hobey Baker. 

On 2016-03-11 at 7:10 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Great comments from the coach.  Kid not only has the talent, but the desire and drive.  He's going to really dominate next year, then likely walk right onto the Canucks' roster the following season.

I'll go with that progression!  The consistency thing is major, often a missing piece in otherwise good young players.  If he's already got that, he may just walk right on in 2017.  Let's hope the organization finds a way to get him out for young stars and some unsigned, unpaid, non-professional instruction over the summer!  A little bit more power in his stride, a bit more flash in his edge-work and he'll be finding those same scoring areas at a higher level of competition. 

16 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

That comparison has crossed my mind too.  He's got something of that same "pure scorer" mystique about him.  As I recall, Bossy wasn't all that fast either, just had incredible hands and release, knew where to be, and had some pretty good linemates feeding him the puck too.  To do the same today, you'd need to be faster but I'm sure Boesser can manage that with a bit of work.  This guy is looking like the steal of his draft class atm. 

Apparently everyone is saying he is not fast,  but did you see him hunt down that defence man to waive the icing then score... Looked pretty fast to me! I guess we'll have to see him against NHLers to be able to really see his speed.  

Just now, ABNucksfan said:

Apparently everyone is saying he is not fast,  but did you see him hunt down that defence man to waive the icing then score... Looked pretty fast to me! I guess we'll have to see him against NHLers to be able to really see his speed.  

Yeah, I think that impression came from the World Juniors.  I agree that he does look fast enough in college, but against elite junior competition on the bigger ice surface it was a different story, and maybe an indication of what he'll be up against in the NHL.  We'll see but even if he does have an issue there, I don't doubt he can improve.  Look at how much better Horvat and Gaunce got on their skates.  I'm not worried.

1 hour ago, numb3r 16 said:

I hope we don't over hype him although it looks like he'll live up to the hype

No matter what, he'll be sniping goals. It's always possible he won't become a superstar but he looks VERY promising. It's ultimately up to him though.

On 2016-03-01 at 10:19 PM, luongotv said:
7 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

<333

Dreger on TSN1040: "Boeser and Demko are definitely two of the top 20 prospects outside of the NHL right now".

Nice to see some public recognition of our prospects and the Scouting prowess of Benning's regime coming to fruition.

that's insane.  This guy might end up being the best "pure" goal scorer in  his draft.  No joke, if you see some of these highlites, these are no flukes.  It's like a dream for some fans.  he is tagged as a future second line player, but if he ends up being  a 35 goal scorer, that's 1st line level player

• Upvote 3